Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell to Louis
Louis is the Southern Pine male who lives at the reptile centre.(we have some animals that are permanent pets of the centre) He is also the father of my pine snake female, Danny.
Louis is an old man and lately he has been failing. We knew it wouldn't be long.

Today when I arrived to volunteer, Louis was clearly dying.  I set him up in a basket with a soft towel  on the table where I was working. I was cleaning snake containers all afternoon. I was able to keep my hand on him much of the time. One of the times I was holding him he just slipped away peacefully. We are going to miss him. He was with us at the old location and went through the move. He has been a fine gentle snake and he lived a full life and is survived by Ella his long time mate and his many children and grandchildren and a lot of people who loved him.

I have brought him home so he can rest in peace behind my pond with Earl and Shiloh and Raven.

Farewell Louis, rest in peace. Thank-you for being there in our lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sorry to read about the passing of Louis. It sounds like he had a long and active life, surrounded by other snakes and humans who loved him. Crawl free and enjoy your new life, Louis!
Thank-you.  Louis was with us for 8 years although he was much older. He was a very fine snake and he was the pet of all of us.
He was in his prime when I met him and he was fine looking and a gentle affectionate creature. I am glad I was with him when he passed and just maybe he waited for me. I like the idea of him out there free and healthy and a young man again in the company of friends.
Catherine

Goodbye dear Louis. May you find a lovely life on the other side.

You were much appreciated by others when you lived here. Blessings  Heart
Thank-you.
Louis has been with us so long it seems odd to let him go. We have lost reptile centre pets before so Louis can join them across the rainbow bridge. Over the years he attended birthday parties and street festivals to teach people about reptiles. Now he can have his own party and celebrate with old friends. His work is done. Rest is peace Louis.
Catherine