Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescued Coyote pups doing well.
Last spring a coyote female was hit by a car and left behind her mate and six cubs. The male and the cubs were unwell and he struggled to feed the cubs. Somehow in trying to rescue them the police shot the father and he is still out there with one cub.
The other five were rescued, but sadly one was so ill he died right away.
Happily the other four are doing well and can be released soon.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Toronto Wildlife does it again. They have successfully raised the four cubs and they will be released soon. It is a happy outcome.
Hopefully they will find the father and help him too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm glad the pups were rescued, and my thoughts go now to the sixth pup and his father who stayed together. I hope they can find them and help them. The father must be injured and feeling pretty bad.
I suppose the father was shot because people were afraid he might be rabid or might have been aggressive? He was only trying to find food for his pups, and it's a pity they couldn't have been darted instead.
It's very touching...their mother and his mate was killed, and he stuck by the pups to help them.
I hope they find the missing pair.
There are sightings of him(at least they think it is him). He is not well, but he is still very wily. They may never catch him. I don`t know about the sixth pup.

It still good news that they were able to save four of the pups. They have carefully prepared them for life and they should do well. The mother may have died, but she lives on in her cubs. You are right, the male was beautifully devoted to her and the family they were raising. He was trying to feed them all by himself.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine