Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The coolest pet portraits
The work of this artist is really interesting. She creates pet portraits that are unique and expressive.
She is a very talented artist.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

It would be interesting to look at our pets and think how they could be painted. I used to imagine the dwarf hamsters dressed as humans in ways that reflected their personalities. I wonder how she would picture Barrie? What about the guinea pigs?

Any ideas?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That was way too graphically/ad-heavy for me to load right now. I will try again later.....

But with pet portraits, I always feel the picture should reflect the particular animal, its character and the things it loves best.
If the animal likes lounging in bed, maybe it should be a lounging-in-bed portrait....if it prefers a walk in the woods, maybe it should be in a woodsy-setting.
That way, when the picture is viewed in the future, their special character will be evoked!
That is what the artist tried to do. The idea was to capture the character of the pet instead of a photographic image.

I agree, the page was ad heavy. Sometimes even with my big city fast internet I can't get things to load.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine