Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests continue against abusive vet
Good for the people of St. Catharines. They are not letting the case of the abusive vet fade away. They are still out there protesting.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I can't imagine how I would feel if it had been one of my pets who was abused. I know how angry I feel just thinking about the possibility.  I am proud of them for still protesting. This man should never practice veterinary medicine again.

Even if he gets his licence back, hopefully all the protesting and publicity will keep people from going to him. The College of Veterinarians of Ontario can fail the animals be letting him be a vet, but they can't make people take their animals to him. As pet owners we have the power.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

He shouldn't be a vet at all let alone get his license back,hope people power works.
People power is definitely giving him negative publicity.

I hope the Vet College is paying attention. People are not happy with their handling of the situation. They have  lost a lot of credibility with the public. It makes them look bad. They seem to be protecting one of their own even though there is video of him abusing animals.
I sure don't trust or respect the vet college.
Catherine

(10-03-2016, 03:48 PM)Catherine Wrote: Even if he gets his licence back, hopefully all the protesting and publicity will keep people from going to him. The College of Veterinarians of Ontario can fail the animals be letting him be a vet, but they can't make people take their animals to him. As pet owners we have the power.

That is true. We certainly do. And I am glad to see many people gathering together to do their best to stop him from continuing.
Actually....shame on Ontario College of Veterinarians! Their lack of empathy is a poor show.

This is what I imagined would happen. People fighting back. This man has to be finished. No second chances.
Quote:This is what I imagined would happen. People fighting back. This man has to be finished. No second chances.
We have to protect our own pets. Clearly the Ontario College of Veterinarians is not going to do it.
The man is not suited to being a vet. His behavior was not a one time incident. His abusive behavior is how he thinks animals should be treated. You are right, there should be no second chances. Any public change in his behavior is a act to help him get his licence back. He will be more careful in future to abuse animals where he can't be seen. 

I don't want him treating an animal that I know. I don't want him treating any animal.
Catherine

The leniency with which Mr Rekhi has been treated, is really shocking and surprising. It's as if the Ontario College of Veterinarians don't really care as much about the animals as they do about 'saving as much face as possible' for one of their vets! Also they are using a weak excuse that he has originated from Pakistan, where animal treatment differs.
That is the worst excuse ever. And I seriously question the sanity of Ontario College for even saying that! Nowhere on Earth is it common to swing a cat by the tail, and deliberately bang its body against a table just before surgery. And it certainly cannot be meant as any 'chastisement' to make it 'behave better'! It is blatant lust for damage, and expression of hatred on Mr Rekhi's part.
Also, the fact that he pleaded guilty is in his favour? What else could he do when faced with video evidence collected over time?

But as far as I can see, "People Power" is making some impact. No-one is shutting up about this. He will need facial reconstruction surgery and a new identity to EVER work as a vet again.....at least in "Western" countries.

I can only hope this man wakes up and starts to feel compassion. But his anger, seeming hatred of animals, and bullying cruelty seems to dominate him unfortunately. I am quite sorry for him actually. What he could know, if he wasn't like that!
I agree that the vet college is protecting its own. To do otherwise is to admit that they were wrong to licence him in the first place.
The excuses made for him are totally unacceptable.
What possible reason, other than a love of cruelty, can you give for swinging a cat by the tail.

This is one of those times when "people power" is the voice of reason and responsible behavior. Letting Rehki practice vet medicine is irresponsible. He will abuse other animals. It is in his nature. He may be more careful about who sees him, but that is not a good thing for animals that he would treat.

The only solution is for him to stop being a vet. If the college won't make it happen, then "people power" will have to step up and make it happen.  With the internet Rehki would have to travel to a very remote place to find people who have not heard of him.
Catherine