Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing recovery of dog with broken back
This is a heart-rending video. But there is hope! Thanks to the care she received, this beautiful dog starts to make a recovery. A truly heroic journey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-AdG5uAjcc

Some people would say she should have been put to sleep. But here is a dog who still has so much life in her, and I for one, am glad she got a chance to fight back for her life.
(Warning: Some scenes are quite upsetting to watch, including 2 or 3 surgery scenes. But watch if you can because this doggy is a hero!)
I can't believe how much work they did to save the dog. It is amazing that she recovered. She is a strong dog with a strong will to live. The fact that she actually was able to walk again is incredible.

When they got her a wheel chair I figured that is as good as she would ever get. She actually got full use of her legs back.
I love a happy ending.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Amazing video. Good find, Tobi. They even gave her therapy in a swimming pool to strengthen her muscles. Amazing!
Well I suppose she will always be a bit wobbly on her back legs, but she has another chance at a full life, and looks happy. Damaged nerves do heal, so long as they are not severed. They may never heal 100% but every day is more healing opportunity.
I can just imagine how gruelling her rehab. must have been. She is a lovely girl.
The pool rehab was a great idea. It really helped her build up muscle without putting stress on her back and legs. The back was broken and needed to heal, but the spinal cord must have been intact. I suppose the surgery was to stabilize things so the spinal cord would  stay safe.

She was a determined dog even at the beginning or treatment. She was trying to run before the back legs had any movement.

I hope she spends the rest of her life in a loving home where she is cherished the way she deserves.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine