Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog put down because of computer error
There are more safety checks in a restaurant over food handling. This is a good thing because food poisoning is no joke.
However a better thing would be for people in every profession to be aware of what their actions can do for good or bad.
I know we are all in a hurry, but how long does it take to check a prescription against the label on a bottle. How much work is it to confirm that you have the right dog.

Years ago when I worked for a vet I was putting a post surgical cat back in a cage. I looked at it and it was fine so I turned away. Then I looked back one more time and really looked and the cat had stopped breathing. The vet was right there and I alerted him and we saved the cat. It was my job to make sure the cat was fine when I left him in the cage. If I hadn't double checked it would have been too late.

A quick double check would have been enough to save the dog.   We need to slow down and do the right thing. The wrong thing ends up causing way too much damage.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog put down because of computer error - by Catherine - 10-27-2016, 03:30 PM