Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Thomas (lovely movie!)
I don't have a hope of sleeping tonight for some illogical reason so I got up, and found a movie to watch .

This one is a lovely movie. It's called "After Thomas". It is about an autistic boy who can reach no-one, and no-one can reach him. He is obsessed with trains. His parents are at their wits' end.
Then they get a Golden Retriever puppy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6cI9IJseWs

It is based on a true story, I think.
The movie is long (one and a half hours) but well worth watching!

I don't care if I don't sleep now.
It is not that late here. I could watch it if I quickly feed the guinea pigs first. Sleep is over rated anyhow.

Everybody fed and watered. I am going to see if I can watch it.

Heart Heart Heart

I hour  33 minutes later, it is late, I am tired, but it was totally worth it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Here's another one...
"The Tender" with John Travolta. Very moving dog story! (again full length, almost 1.30 hrs.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZiqfadLCK4
I can't watch it tonight, but maybe Thursday? How do you find all these great dog movies. I volunteer tomorrow night so I am going to promise myself a movie on Thursday night.

I love dog movies. Heart  The dog is always the hero and it ends well.
Catherine

The Doberman, "Tripoli" who acts in that film (The Tender) is an excellent actor!

(No animals were harmed in the movie by the way. I think they used a lot of jam... Smiley4 ) Though I am wondering how they got the dog to shiver in one scene. That's the only scene that makes me a little bit concerned. Dogs don't usually shiver at will.

Do you want another one?
But this isn't a dog movie. It's a Tiger movie, but well worth a watch. If you haven't got time to watch them, you can bookmark them or store the URLs for another day:

"Two Brothers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9hLoRXMBrc

The Tigers are brilliant in this film.
I have heard of two brothers, but I haven't had time to watch it. Now that I have a link there is no excuse to  miss it.

Some of those trained dogs will do amazing things. They seem to like movies and playing parts. I am sure a good trainer can get them to do anything with enough treats and praise.

I hope I can watch it tomorrow night.
Catherine

A neighbour of mine just down the lane who has seven dogs, used to have a dog who starred in short films and ads.
She told me what the life was like, and that the dogs receive the best treatment, are never pushed, and there is always a vet on hand who will advise about certain things for the dog's welfare.
The vet will stop the director so many times, just saying the dog needs to drink water....or pee....or go for a walk....or take a break....etc Sometimes the director doesn't much like it! But he always has to do as he's told.
She was never uneasy about her dog working on those films. (She was always there too of course.)
Animals seem to do well in movies. I think some dogs enjoy being filmed. They even use reptile in photoshoots and it works out fine.  The reptile centre has done some movie stuff. The reptiles are not bothered by the attention and they are watched very carefully. Mostly they just sit somewhere while they are filmed. We did film a big lizard once(Sally Lizard) and they wanted someone to be holding her and I was the one they wanted. It was fun for both of us. I carried her outside and let her walk on the sidewalk(something she normally does).

I think they are very careful about animal welfare, so animals in shows are probably having a good time. I know the lizard was happy. We gave her a treat afterwards.
Catherine