Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's "Just a Dog!"
...yes and we are just humans, and I'm just a woman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgbO5Db9Ns

Nice short video.
Smiley19 Heart Smiley4
What a beautiful video.

Anyone who say it just a dog doesn't understand the true value of anything.

They probably think the Earth is just a planet even though it is our life and we must care for it.

None of my pets are "just" anything. Nothing that we love or that loves us is without value.

Thinking of dogs, I was waiting on the subway platform yesterday and someone walking towards me had a big dog. When she got to me, the dog made a point of stopping and greeting me. She didn't stop for anyone else. Dogs  often want to stop and greet me. I am not just another person to them. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Great find, Tobi! Those who say, "Just a dog" regard humans as inherently superior - but we're not, really! Dogs know that love and loyalty are the most precious things in life. Many humans do not understand this.
(11-15-2016, 03:09 PM)Catherine Wrote: Smiley19 Heart Smiley4

Thinking of dogs, I was waiting on the subway platform yesterday and someone walking towards me had a big dog. When she got to me, the dog made a point of stopping and greeting me. She didn't stop for anyone else. Dogs  often want to stop and greet me. I am not just another person to them. Heart

That is so lovely! Dogs are not stupid! They know when they sense someone nice!
Dogs everywhere want to stop and greet me. I can spot a dog a block away who has seen me and know it will want to stop and say hi. It is always a quick greeting. We both say hi, the owner looks confused and I explain that dogs like me. I always greet dogs like they are friends.

The odd time I encounter an aggressive dog I stop and speak to the dog and the owner and wait until they have passed or the owner makes it safe for me to pass.  I don't get closer because the dog clearly doesn't want anyone closer.

I think it is a matter of respecting boundaries and respecting the personhood of the dog.
Maybe dogs recognize that I respect their personhood..

I respect the personhood of my snakes. They are adults and they deserve respect. I moved some tanks around because I think it will be better for the snakes. One of my female corn snakes, Molly, is upset about her new location. I can tell she is upset. Tomorrow I will move her and her mate David and see if I can find a spot she likes better. Caitrin and Jack prefer their new location. The younger snakes that I moved seem fine and I know I have them in a good spot. If Molly isn't happy then I will do something to make her happy.
Catherine

Yes, 95% of the time dogs like me very much too. Even from across the street. They sense I like them and they have something in common with me.

Now and again (rarely) I meet one who really doesn't want to know. But that's okay. I don't mind and absolutely respect that.

Dogs are just like people. They have their individual characters. You get some friendly ones, and some grumpy ones. It's a question of good instincts when meeting them, and respect for them.
Quote:Dogs are just like people. They have their individual characters. You get some friendly ones, and some grumpy ones. It's a question of good instincts when meeting them, and respect for them.
This is why we both get along with dogs. We see them as individuals and we respect them. I let the greeting go as far as the dog wants. Some dogs really just want to give me a nod and others want to climb all over me.

You can see the body language as they approach. Some dogs really want to make a connection however brief.
Catherine

Anyone ever says that about my Payne, I will take it as a personal insult.
She is smarter than most people I know.
Sorry, I do get a little defensive when it comes to peoples attitude toward dogs.
Just the other day hubby was helping a friend process a deer. Hubby was cutting off special little pieces saying: "Payne's gonna love these".
His buddy said: "You're thinking about your dog right now???"
Hubby replied: "I'm always thinking about my dog!!"
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Payne could never be considered just a dog. You would be right to be insulted. Why wouldn't Hubby always have his dog in mind.
Payne always has you in  mind.

I am always thinking about my guinea pigs. I always watch for chances to get them fresh veggies and fruits. I take the leftovers from fruit trays so I can make them a fruit salad. My cat has been dead 36 years and I still thing about whether he would like something. He will always be in my mind and in my heart.

Anyone who can say "just a dog" is really "just a person".  They lack something and their lives are poorer.
Catherine