Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts passes animal protection law
Good going Massachusetts! They have passed an animal protection law that will impact the lives of many farm animals.

Cows, pigs, and egg laying hens may no longer be kept in confined spaces, a cage that prevents the animal from lying down, standing up, fully extending its limbs or turning around freely.

That means no more battery cages for hens, no more gestation crates for pigs and no more veal crates.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

This is a real victory. Massachusetts is a big state and what they do will influence other states and hopefully other countries.

I don't know if we can ever dig ourselves out of the factory farming mess, but things like this are an important step. Maybe if we completely restructure farming people will start eating a more balanced less meat heavy diet.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I saw something about this on Facebook. This is truly wonderful news. People are starting to be sensitive to the needs of our brother and sister species on this earth! Now let's hope and pray more will follow suit!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Every step forward is worth celebrating. It is slow progress, but gradually things will be better for animals. I think people everywhere are starting to recognize that keeping animals in anything that can be labeled a crate is somehow wrong.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine