Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protestors target Canada Goose Stores
Canada Goose is a company that makes very good winter parkas. They are expensive, but well made. They also have coyote fur trim on the hoods. Those coyotes died as part of the fur trade. Even if the trapper is properly licenced, what he does is not cruelty free. Animals caught in leg hold traps suffer and then they die. Supporting that industry is not good.

So as Canada Goose expands its stores and increases the numbers of coyotes that are dying to make their coats, protestors are increasing their campaign against them.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Perfectly good coats can be made without fur. We don't even need to use down anymore.

So when I replace my winter coat, I will not be going to Canada Goose. Nor will I be choosing a fur trimmed alternative.
There are choices that do not involve cruelty to animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There is no reason they should make coats with real fur anymore. I won't buy them. The traps are horribly inhumane.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
You are right, there are plenty of fur alternatives. Trapping is so cruel and these coats almost glorify trapping.

They are so expensive there are imitations out there that are probably dog fur. That is a whole different level of animal cruelty.

They could be such an ethical company if they wanted to be, but instead they have chosen a sad cruel direction.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine