Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home for the Pawlidayz
The animal shelter in Indianapolis held a special adoption even called Home for the Pawlidayz. It was a success. It was such a good success that they ran out of animals! Yes they ran out of animals waiting for forever homes!
Now that is a good problem to have.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

These big adoption events seem to be very successful. They usually have a reduced fee or no fee. People who have been thinking about a pet will often act when there is a big "sale". Everybody else is going so they go. Animals who have waited a long time for homes have a better chance because there are so many people looking to adopt. The right family is bound to the in the crowd.

It is good to know  that a whole shelter full of animals will sleep with their own families from now on and the shelter has room to take in more animals in need.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is great that they have reduced fees or no fees to adopt a dog or cat. That way they will place a lot of the animals in need in their new homes. When adopted Suzy I had to pay a fee of $150.00 but I didn't mind. It really isn't a lot for a Shih Tzu and such a wonderful dog that she is! More places should start the low fee or no fees so that all of these needy animals can get homes.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
(11-29-2016, 02:12 PM)Catherine Wrote: It was such a good success that they ran out of animals! Yes they ran out of animals waiting for forever homes!
Now that is a good problem to have.

This must be the first time something like that has happened, with any shelter/rescue.
What a brilliant idea. To have all those open spaces for more animals in need is so good too.

I can understand why they charge the fee. They need the money. Plus it makes sure whoever adopts -really wants! But of course, there are other ways to fundraise.

But this is a great idea....all on the back of that "Black Friday" thing.
A number of the shelters are doing special adoption events. It really helps the animals to find homes.
I have seen half price months and older pet adoption specials. I have even seen a special adopt a black pet campaign. For some reason, black pets have a harder time getting adopted. They don't show up well when they are sitting in a cage. 

Whatever it takes to find homes, shelters are trying it out. Sometimes you just have to get people's attention.

I love the idea  of them running out of pets to adopt. That is a very good problem for a shelter to have.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine