Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating live animals...it must be stopped
Peta is doing an expose about the eating of live animals. It is no longer a matter of just eating something. Some restaurants have made an "art" of cruelly serving up live animals as food. They cut them up so that they are still alive when brought to the table. The animal can watch the person eating its flesh as it dies.

It is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
You might not want to watch the videos, but you can go to the end of the article and click on the link to sign a petition.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Some people take animal cruelty to unimaginable extremes. Some exhibit such callous insensitivity to animal suffering that I question their humanity. I doubt we can reach such people. The best we can hope for is to make what they do illegal.

There are a lot of sick people in this world.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The Koreans are noted for this abhorrent practice. It should be banned - and to be honest I am amazed that the USA needs new laws to ban it.

I signed the petition as well.
I didn't know about this before. It is deeply sad and degenerate.
I am very shocked to learn this is also happening in California! How can people not feel for what they are doing? Can't they begin to imagine what being cut up and eaten alive in small pieces must feel like to any sentient creature?
You are right Catherine. People will not listen to their Hearts but they will have to listen to the law -so we must keep fighting against all cruelty. I signed of course.
I am still stunned by the image of a young woman eating the flesh of a frog while that living/dying frog looks at her. How can his eyes not haunt her?

We know that certain countries have barbaric food practices. I just don't know how they can get away with importing those practices to our countries. Where is the SPCA. I would expect them to shut down a restaurant that cuts up and serves live animals. They don't consider the suffering of all creatures, just some creatures.

If the video can become public enough people will react. I don't know that they will care, but they will be squeamish and not want to know that such disgusting things go on.

Reptiles, amphibians and sea creatures are not given protection. I know snakes whose skins are used for leather, are skinned alive and left to die slowly. They can't be bothered to kill them.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...B_saXPljsQ

One of the snakes being skinned looks just like my Jack. Smiley19

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...5G9ypYV6aw

Any industry, food or fashion that has such a careless disregard for life and suffering is somehow evil.
I stood in line at the ballet and the older lady next to me had a python skin purse. I could identify the different scales. I wanted to say to her that I have a python too, but mine is still alive. Now I wish I had said it out loud. She should know that her purse caused a beautiful creature to suffer terribly for a long time.

Good for PETA that they are willing to expose such cruelty.
Catherine

It is strange that many people don't look on some species as being "sentient creatures" capable of feelings and suffering. It sounds shocking but I think that's what it's all about. They think of them as 'things' or as interesting 'food sources' rather than as creatures....often just as intelligent and capable of feeling as their own beloved pets. Though with different appearances, and a terrible silence. They can't scream, where a dog or a cat could.

Maybe you should have said that to the lady. But some people still don't get it -even if you do. They are numb to what has happened to those poor creatures.
People are ignorant about most species. They barely get it that cats and dogs can feel. I have mentioned that one of my snakes had a scrape and was bleeding and a person who is actually a lawyer(therefore university educated) was surprized to learn that snakes have blood.

Yes I should have said something to the lady with the snake skin purse. Maybe she would stop carrying it in public.
We have to be very bold if we are going to get the message across. People have to be made to see over and over again that animals can feel pain and fear AND that we don't have the right to cause them pain and fear.

The countries where they eat live animals also eat cats and dogs. It may be that they don't see anything, but humans as being capable of feeling pain and fear. I think many of them do know and just don't care. That is a harder problem to fight. It is going to be hard to end these forms of animal cruelty. Humans seem to be able to overcome anything and ignore anything when they want to eat something. Too many people in the world don't think beyond their stomachs.

The fight for a better world is just that, a fight to overcome the world we live in now. We are making progress, but it is slow.
Catherine