Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love & relationship with wild animals
Befriending wild animals is not always a good idea, as for their safety, they often need to remain scared of humans.
But there are some exceptions. This is a documentary about some humans who have had unique relationships with wild animals. The ones in this film have treated the animals with respect, intelligence and understanding of their needs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbvkJSrgKUw
Thanks for posting that Tobi. I bookmarked it to watch when I have more time.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
That was beautiful. It is good to see that humans and animals can have good bonds and meet each others needs.

I love the pangolin. They are such a strange looking creature and so different from other mammals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes the Pangolins are lovely gentle creatures.
I had heard of them, but knew nothing much about them before watching this documentary.
It was funny when the little dog was running -quite innocently -and the Pangolin kept rolling into a ball on the walk, when it saw the dog! I hope it wasn't too scared, but the woman seemed to know what she was doing and had a lot of love and respect for them.
It is just instinctive for a pangolin to roll in a ball if anything startles them or even seems different. It is like kittens fluffing up their fur if they are startled. It is so cute. I couldn't believe she got pictures of one being born.  I am sure he is out there, but the call of nature became too strong.

Cute about the penguin coming back each year.
Who knows one of the Robins who hangs around my garden might be the one that I climbed a tree to put back into the nest. I certainly have an ongoing relationship with my wild birds. They have watched me plant trees and shrubs that provide food and they are somewhat tame around me. They certainly told me off when I cut down a dead tree. I replaced it with a live one of the same kind in a week, but they were still mad about the loss of food and places to sit. I am forgiven now as the new tree has grown and is better than the old one.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine