Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of My Birds
Just thought I'd post some pictures of the birds I have and have had:

Here is Danny boy, he is 7 years old, in this picture he was just a baby and it was the first day I had him.  I added special effects to this picture:

[Image: GjLTxlg.jpg]

Here is a picture of Lenny and Lucy with special effects:

[Image: C9Jkghy.jpg]

Here is Danny and Bailee:

[Image: 2INUhra.jpg]

[Image: Z8mRYkH.jpg]

Here is Lucy and Danny with special effects:

[Image: MGyP9QC.jpg]

And here is Danny and Alice:

[Image: sgg1AEZ.jpg]

I had another bird named Joey but don't have any pictures on my computer of him.  He was a blue parakeet, a real cute little guy!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Cute budgerigars we have an aviary with about 30 of them they're lovely birds we also have cockatiels and Indian ringneck if you go up the country here in Australia we have flocks of the budgies flying around, we also have the sulphur crested cockatoos flying around where I live they are so noisy.
Ruth you have had and still have such beautiful birds. Danny is special isn't he. He always pictures well. He was a pretty baby and he is a handsome fellow now.  He has certainly been a faithful companion for you.

Quote:Cute budgerigars we have an aviary with about 30 of them they're lovely birds we also have cockatiels and Indian ringneck if you go up the country here in Australia we have flocks of the budgies flying around, we also have the sulphur crested cockatoos flying around where I live they are so noisy.
I can never get over the fact that you have all these amazing birds just flying wild.  A flock of wild budgies would be cute and funny, but seeing a cockatoo in the wild would be amazing....and noisy. They are a beautiful bird, but they are so noisy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

You want to get a flock of cockatoos together Catherine they screech at each other,when I got off the bus the other day there was a pair of pink and grey galahs feeding near the bus stop we also have birds called rainbow lorikeets up in our big trees out the back they're a type of parrot as well they only eat fruit and nectar we have a lot of different birds in our area even a lot of water birds pelicans,ducks, black swans,ibis also a lot of doves and pigeons and the usual sparrows,blackbirds,crows and magpies. But I am partial to the budgies my husband breeds them.
You do have the most amazing birds. A flock or even two cockatoos would be an unforgettable sight. The zoo here did a lorikeet display one summer in an outdoor aviary. It was beautiful, but they were so loud. They didn't do it again the next year. Could it be that pretty as they were we are just not used to such loud birds. Smiley4

I would love to see a flock of wild budgies. Escaped budgies here will join flocks of sparrows and seem to do okay. If they could find food and shelter in the winter they could live here. They are a clever and resourceful little bird. 
It must be fun to breed them. Do the parents feed their own babies or do you have to hand feed them?
Catherine

(12-07-2016, 03:05 PM)Catherine Wrote: Ruth you have had and still have such beautiful birds. Danny is special isn't he. He always pictures well. He was a pretty baby and he is a handsome fellow now.  He has certainly been a faithful companion for you.

Quote:Cute budgerigars we have an aviary with about 30 of them they're lovely birds we also have cockatiels and Indian ringneck if you go up the country here in Australia we have flocks of the budgies flying around, we also have the sulphur crested cockatoos flying around where I live they are so noisy.
I can never get over the fact that you have all these amazing birds just flying wild.  A flock of wild budgies would be cute and funny, but seeing a cockatoo in the wild would be amazing....and noisy. They are a beautiful bird, but they are so noisy.
All of my birds have been faithful companions Catherine.  I had Lenny for 10 years, Lucy for 9 years, Danny so far for 7 years.  They are all so sweet.  Alice has a cool personality I am seeing.  She is the most gentlest of them all.  She doesn't try to fight with Danny at all.  He gets a little loud with her and she just looks at him like, "so what"?  LOL Heart

(12-06-2016, 07:26 PM)Catslave Wrote: Cute budgerigars we have an aviary with about 30 of them they're lovely birds we also have  cockatiels and Indian ringneck if you go up the country here in Australia we have flocks of the budgies flying around, we also have the sulphur crested cockatoos flying around where I live they are so noisy.

Perhaps you could start a thread with pictures of yours; that would be fantastic to see!

Quote:All of my birds have been faithful companions Catherine.  I had Lenny for 10 years, Lucy for 9 years, Danny so far for 7 years.  They are all so sweet.  Alice has a cool personality I am seeing.  She is the most gentlest of them all.  She doesn't try to fight with Danny at all.  He gets a little loud with her and she just looks at him like, "so what"?  LOL [Image: heart.gif]
Yes you have had your birds for many years. You can grow very close to a pet when you are with them that long.
Alice sounds like she is just right for Danny. She knows just how to handle him.

I agree, some pictures of Catslave's birds would be interesting and I would love to see them.
Catherine

Birds are very intelligent and can be very loyal.
I am getting to know a wild Jackdaw who visits me every day. I give him a treat, but have told him he's only getting that in the mornings and he's not getting domesticated. He has to hunt for his food!
We had a conversation today! Smiley4  He snapped his beak a certain number of times, and I answered with a clicking sound using the same rhythm. We were doing that for 20 minutes! He tested me with different rhythms, and I mimicked the same. I think he was testing my intelligence! haha
Then I told him I had some jobs to do, and that was that! He will be back in the morning for his treat I am sure.
Quote:We had a conversation today! [Image: smiley4.gif]  He snapped his beak a certain number of times, and I answered with a clicking sound using the same rhythm. We were doing that for 20 minutes! He tested me with different rhythms, and I mimicked the same. I think he was testing my intelligence! haha
Smiley4 You may be right. He may have been testing to see how bright you are. He has figured that you can imitate sounds, Now he just has to train you to fetch treats when he asks for them. Smiley4

Birds are clever and they know who cares for them and who doesn't. They know I do the gardening so I am responsible for their trees. If they don't like how I am pruning things they say so. Some branches they won't let me cut. I got seriously chastised when I cut a dead tree down. I had to promise a replacement tree right away. I did keep my promise and the new tree is better. So the birds are happy again.
Catherine