Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the U.S.!
Blushsmiley
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Thank-you. I think we can agree that we are really the same friendly Forum. New look, new name, new site, the same old welcoming attitude. If I have a rule for the Forum it has always been "Play nice". That encompasses everything from spam to answering each others posts.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's really the only rule you need. I think too many rules just take the fun out of anything. If eveyone plays nice then you will have no problems, and if you have a nice, considerate, member base like you have, than it just happens automatically!
It will make your job SO much easier and your time here so much more enjoyable!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I really didn't want to sit down and right out a set of rules. I feel mean banning people that I know are spammers. At least I used to feel mean until the same person registered multiple times from the same computer with different user names and sometimes different email address that were really just a variation of each other. Of course that person was not playing nice.Smiley18

And we only have one rule. Play Nice. Smiley42Smiley489871Angel
Catherine

That's one of the things that makes this forum so cool!
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
We had 6 of them try and sign up on our site just today. Same IP, basically same email, same info, different username, lol. You really have to stay on the ball when running a forum.
mypetsonparade.com
Do they think we are stupid and won't notice the same name over and over again. I check IP addresses and if they have toxic reports I ban them as well. Do you use the site Stop Forum Spam. It is great for reporting the email, the user name and the IP address. Spammers are cleverDodgy but we are smart.Smiley43
Catherine

I'm not sure if Bock uses that particular thing. I usually just delete them then ban their IP. I have seen the software though. Looked at it some. bock is much more thorough than I. I'm afraid I'll mess something up. She doesn't like me going certain places...for good reason!!
Heck, she gets nervous when I use the "manage members" panel, LOL!!!
She's such a sweetheart. I know she just holds her breath sometimes when I am doing maintenance.
mypetsonparade.com
It scared me at first when I started running the Forum. I did everything the hard way until I spotted short cuts.

This site actually allows you to check email and IP.
http://www.stopforumspam.com/

I learned to be thorough. I ban the email address and then I block the IP. To finish off I delete the member. Of course I only do this for people who actually spam us or have many reports against them. I hate it when they have one report against their name. Should I ban then or not. I find if they don't post they are not really wanting to be members.
Catherine

Another indicator for example, if you look at the profile for "DeandraPT" who just signed up. Her homepage link contains the word "pills". A dead giveaway this person is most likely not legit.

Do you think Bock will mind that we have temporarily hijacked her intro thread? Sorry hun!!
mypetsonparade.com