Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman left animals to starve while on vacation.
This is one of the most heartless things I have heard. The woman flew off to Hawaii and left a cow and a horse behind with no one to care for them.
The cow was already down so she put out some food and water and left for her vacation.
The cow died and the horse was in very bad shape.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Of course the animals were already badly neglected when she left them. I am not sure they would have been much better off with her around.
I am glad to hear she has been convicted of animal cruelty in this case. She didn't even ask anyone to check on the animals.
If she had the money for a trip to Hawaii she could have paid a vet to check on the cow and fed the two animals properly.
Her actions were totally selfish. It is too bad the fines were so small.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh those poor animals! I don't know how anyone could be so heartless. How could she do that? I have no more words.....literally.
She didn't receive any ban on keeping animals - why not? Is letting two animals die of starvation not enough? The fine is little more than a slap on the wrists.
I would have expected a much harsher penalty. After all she knowingly left them to die. The horse is lucky it was found in time.

Why would they fail to ban her from owning animals?
Catherine

There should have been a ban. This woman is obviously quite selfish and heartless regarding her animals. I wouldn't be inclined to trust her very easily with the care of animals after what she did.
There should be more than just a fine. People who have money regard that as simply a transitory nuisance. In my opinion, she should have been given at least 6 months supervised service in an animal rescue or similar. So that hopefully, she would begin to learn something and make herself useful at the same time.
I like the idea of six months of supervised animal service. Someone like that shouldn't be trusted alone with animals. It would be good that she works with animals and learns about their needs. She can learn, but I wonder if she would ever care. Or is she so selfish that all she can think about is her own desires.
Catherine