Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Serial killer on the loose?
There have been a number of dead and mutilated animals found in southern Ontario. There are enough similarities to lead experts to think it is the work of one person.
It started with wildlife and now the killer is targeting pets.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

This is very disturbing. I am glad they have warned pet owners to be careful. It may take a while to catch the person doing this.
If I lived in the London Ontario area I would be afraid for my pets and for the wildlife in my area.
I hope they stop this person soon.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

People are understandably getting anxious. I didn't realize the number of dead animals was so high. If I lived in the area I would be very worried.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I hope they make some progress in the case soon. Seventeen dead animals is too many. This killer needs to be stopped.
Catherine

This is horrible and I hope that person is caught soon. Whoever is doing the killings is very disturbed indeed. I can imagine how scared people are for their animals. The only answer is to do what they can to keep an eye on them at all times. But that would be hard to do with horses and livestock.
I think it is all animals who are being targeted. It started with wild animals and now it is cats and dogs.
I don't know how they are going to find the person. It might be someone who knows them who tips off the police. Everyone is being vigilant now so surely someone will see something.
Catherine

From the article:
"Arntfield told police and the humane society and urged them to examine the adoption files. Nothing happened, he said." That was an opportunity missed. It also shows that potential adopters should be very carefully vetted.

"Arntfield said he is concerned that whoever is behind the animal killings could potentially move on to more serious crimes targeting humans." This is a big risk. But the police only have one investigator on the case. They may regret that fact when a human is mutilated and killed. Only then, suddenly, lots more investigators will appear....

Let us hope that this dangerous person, or group, is found quickly. S/he needs long term locking up in a secure mental hospital.
The fact that there is a focus on a particular humane society should give them a starting point.

Adoption files might give a clue or better still someone who was refused an adoption might be more likely to be angry at the shelter. Also former employees or former volunteers. I would look at past and present people associated with the shelter and see if someone seems off in some way. Is there anyone that people were uneasy about. Is there anyone who hangs around the shelter for no reason. Maybe they need some hidden surveillance cameras.

They shouldn't wait until it escalates before they react. It has already escalated. We just don't know how far s/he is going to go.

There should have been a stronger reaction the first time an animal was found. It was clearly an act of sadistic violence. Because it was wildlife they were slow to react.

I wish I didn't think that there will be more to this story, but sadly I think it is far from over.
Catherine

I was afraid to read this when I saw the topic title and now I see why. This is an atrocity. Someone like this person deserves the death penalty imo. I sure hope they catch this person fast and give this person what this person deserves!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
We don't have the death penalty in Canada. It was totally abolished in 1976, but the last actual execution as in 1962.

We do need to catch this person and stop them. Someone must know who it is or suspect who it is. People need to look around them and think about whether they know the killer.

Who ever it is, they live next door to people. They shop in the same stores as their neighbours.  They must be doing the killing somewhere. Someone must see the person with an animal one day and then never again. There has got to be something in their behavior that gives them away.

I hope who ever knows or suspects acts on that knowledge before there are more deaths.
Catherine