Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to make a difference
The situation of stray dogs in Romania is quite critical. 

A few years ago Romania had a real problem with stray dogs wandering freely on the streets of the cities,including the capital Bucharest. There were even a couple of fatal incidents where stray dogs attacked people biting them resulting in death. Therefore authorities decided to clear the streets of dogs. A very good decision in a civilzed,21st century country. However the problem is with the housing of the stray dogs. 

There are 2 types of dog shelters: the ones owned by the government and the ones managed by ngo's or just simply people,dog lovers. 

The thing that aggravates me is that the government does absolutely nothing to sustain a good functionality of the dog shelters. These dog shelters do not receive sufficient funds from the government to ensure a proper life quality for the dogs. That's why the dogs are living almost like in a extermination camp: low on food,virtualy no medical care and living in cages that do not respect the international standards for minimum space required. This is to mention just the basic,fundamental issues. I won't get into some sadder details. 

Luckily there are some ngo managed shelters that take good,proper care of the dogs being housed there. But unfortunately these shelters too are struggling with assuring the monthly cost of the dogs' maintenance. 

That's why i decided to do something for these dogs shelters and basically for the dogs living there. I decided to take action and do something as i realised that Romanian government doesn't care about this at all and nothing will happen if i rely on them.

So i want to ask for your help in donating for the cause of stray dogs here in Bucharest (as this is where i live and this is where i can actually make a difference). 

If you are a dog lover,if you own a dog,if you are a pet owner,or if you are simply just an animal lover please donate to help provide a decent life for some of the stray dogs shelters here in Bucharest. 

Thank you very much.
I am glad that you are supporting a very worthy cause. I have just approved your thread, as it contains no links and is clearly genuinely concerned with the welfare of stray dogs in Romania. The fact that you put in no links on your first post leads me to believe that you are genuine.

You are welcome to put in a link to the official site of the shelter which you are helping, but no personal fundraising links are allowed. With an official charity website we can be sure that the money will be spent as intended. Personal fundraising sites such gofundme, gogetfunding, etc. are not acceptable, as donations don't go directly to the charity and there is no way of being sure that the fudnraiser is genuine and will spend the money raised as intended. I hope that you understand.

I wish you well with your work. If you have an official dog shelter charity site, go ahead and put that in. My very best wishes to you in your important work to help stray dogs!
Yes, I second that!

I have also been concerned for a long time about the fate of those Romanian "shelter dogs" so it is nice to see someone so passionate about helping them. I wish you well indeed. Please do post a link to any charity which is helping them, so that people may be able to make donations.
We are aware of the situation for dogs in Romania and we are concerned. It would be good if you put us in touch with some of the struggling dog shelters. We very much want to see something improve. Are there a lot of NGO dog shelters?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine