Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
110 Happy Dogs----rescued from Yulin
A shipment of 110 dogs just arrived in Ontario. They were rescued from Yulin by Humane Society International. These dogs were hours, minutes even  from being dinner and had witnessed other dogs being killed. Now they are here, safe and destined to live in happy forever homes.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

This has been the work of a number of groups and before they are all settled many more people will help. It is like a miracle. They had no hope and now they are safe.  Bringing the dogs to Canada is a good idea. We can easily find homes for that many dogs. Here they are safe. They will never be in danger again.

I hope this is the first shipment of many. The more dogs rescued from the dog meat festivals the better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh that is such good news. I guess it took a few months because they had to go through quarantine first, and receive all the injections.

I am so glad those dogs have been shipped out of China. Now they have some hope. Even if they are traumatised right now. At least they have hope now. What dear dogs!

It is heartbreaking, what they have been through.
They are already responding to the love and care. You can see from the videos that many will be ready for homes very soon.

This is the best solution for Yulin dogs and dogs from any other dog meat markets.
I think we can take a lot more dogs here.
I don't know why it took so long to bring the dogs to Canada. Certainly they would have to be vaccinated and quarantined.
There must be a number of permits involved in bringing a dog out of China and as many for bringing a dog into Canada.

It probably is a good thing, but I wish we could just fly the dogs here and sort out the paperwork later.

There is an update on the dogs that are going to Montreal. It seems that they are going to be well received there.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=1&at=dt0

I love the thought that they are all happily sleeping in their new safe lodgings. It may be cages for now, but they are clean and spacious and soon the dogs will be in their own homes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine