Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unwanted Christmas pets
Sad 
Sadly some people who got pets for Christmas didn't want them. I can understand that. We all get presents we don't really want.
However when the present is a live animal it should never be abandoned. There are plenty of animal shelters that will take unwanted Christmas pets. They have been doing it every year. They would rather take in one more unwanted pet than have happen what happened to this poor little rabbit.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

He was just a little rabbit who wanted to be the best pet ever. He didn't deserve to die like that. As he was dying I wonder if he wondered what he did wrong  that made his people not want him. All he did was end up with the wrong people, people so selfish that they didn't care if he lived or died. If they had even waited for the warm weather or put his cage where it could be found the little rabbit would have had a chance at life. Smiley19

So many pets are not given a chance. The lucky ones are the ones that end up at shelters.
http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Some people should never have a pet. They clearly do not have the ability to commit to a pet for life. How sad that some pets through no fault of there own end up with people like that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Poor dear little Rabbit. It is just too sad. He came here for a brief time and found he was not needed here because there wasn't enough love where he ended up. I hope he will stay in the next world for a while before considering coming back here!!

When will people understand that YOU DO NOT BUY PEOPLE ANIMALS FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!?

Animals are not 'gifts' like boxes of chocolates or i-pods. They are living, feeling Beings.
(01-05-2017, 03:53 AM)Tobi Wrote: Animals are not 'gifts' like boxes of chocolates or i-pods. They are living, feeling Beings.

Like button
Quote:When will people understand that YOU DO NOT BUY PEOPLE ANIMALS FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!?
However the rabbit ended up with them, it should never have happened.

I can understand someone getting an unwanted pet for Christmas. I can understand them not being able to care for it or not being prepared to care for it. Not everyone wants a pet. That I can accept.

WHAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IS ABANDONING THE ANIMAL TO A CERTAIN DEATH!!!!!!

There are plenty of animal shelters around. Certainly there was one where the rabbit died. If they can take the trouble to drive the rabbit somewhere to abandon it, WHY CAN'T THEY TAKE IT TO THE SHELTER!!!!!

That is the behavior that I can't comprehend or ever begin to forgive. I can only hope that there is some justice sometime for that little bunny who had such a brief life.

Making public the fate of  the little rabbit might be enough to stop even one family from abandoning a pet. His death can at least save other pets from the same sad end. It doesn't make it less sad that he died that way, but at least we can try to bring something positive out of it.
Catherine

That's really sad about the bunny.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
The sight of him dead breaks my heart. He had so much life ahead of him. He should have lived a full and happy life.

Out there somewhere are the people who did this. Somehow if you do something like this to your pet rabbit, I can't think that everything else in your life is going well.
Catherine