Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loyal dog protects friend from speeding train
Two dogs got away from home in the Ukraine, and wandered. The female became injured and unable to move. So the male dog stayed with her -right by her side -protecting her body with his....even as they were stuck on railway tracks.

The video is very hard and upsetting to watch. But it was all okay in the end, and the dogs were safe. 

Do read the article, as it will explain why someone was able to film them, yet was unable to get them out of there for a while.

http://www.care2.com/causes/loyal-dog-pr...train.html
Quote from the article you cited above, esteemed Tobi:

"I don’t know what to call this: instinct, love, friendship, loyalty? One thing I know for sure is that not all people would do the same as this dog!"

That's a quotable quote.
That is one brave dog. Many trains must have passed over them. He could have left her, but he didn't.

Even if you knew for sure it was safe, do you think you could stay on the tracks and let a train pass over you? I couldn't do it just as a prank. Maybe if I was protecting someone I might want to stay. I still don't know if I could do it.

I am glad the dogs are okay and that they are happy in a warm home together. Heart
Sometimes there is a happy ending.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The dogs were brother and sister it was a rescue that saved them,it was the female that was on the tracks her brother wouldn't leave her, they had an owner and they were returned home. He could hear the train coming and every time one came he would lie over her to keep her head down.
That is love and loyalty. Good for him that he protected his sister like that. He is a very brave dog.

I am glad they were able to  rescue them both and I am glad they are back with their family.  After all that I hope they have peaceful and happy lives together. They deserve some peace.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine