Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodnight Norbert
After more than 7 years with me Norbert has gone home to his family.
[Image: BoBzpwYLZXxDpFasoSg0GavD06wUG8x6h8GwNMWB...=w367-h275]Norbert is the middle piggie.

Norbert was born at my place.
[Image: IdIPBS_lP7AAcLqTP9QR9tb86u4w0x40Dvxxt-Jv...=w367-h275]This is a picture of his birth. He still has the sack over his face.
He grew up with loving parents
[Image: 9jkT_fmhg-geREtBHJqTZLHh8iQYyYT4DqCtD4Sb...=w367-h275]Pigbert is on the right and Norbert was known as mini Pigbert for years.
He was so cute
[Image: 3CHMNQh0bCuhUlddyMusWz8grECiR6wiRbmo9slz...=w367-h275]
He had a half sister and brother.
[Image: M5juv9FsW91MZ3lzAXAE4sCk2n746S1f7OAK2j8c...=w367-h275]They are gone now as well.
He spent his adult life with and older half brother and Lambert, his step father.
[Image: 2DJ8HTg3pQR2-ZwIrsTERc2lhv_wWTXQQEaxrli-...=w367-h275]Robbie and Murray joined them and they were 5 happy boys together
They always gathered around their food and shared happily.
[Image: tjwqaU_rnej8NQepqpOPHgwYNhYc8qTVnwa36sEm...=w367-h275]

When they weren't eating they were sleeping.
[Image: N4I0SNy7eCnv4GwK4NIxku3X9F6TLNsN63vi33_l...=w367-h275]
Norbert always looked so comfortable
[Image: 5_vxBbqkDPM2vXfS0XxqqippQIgfn0Bq20B9_d8X...=w367-h275]
Who can forget Martha and the Muffin who joined the family last year.
[Image: kPSP9a_xkxTn8fklN23vB6MERFUMhuqo-thg7I7J...=w367-h275]They kept Norbert company as his family left him one after another.

I always thought Norbert was Pigbert's gift to me. He couldn't stay very long so he left his son to be with me in his place.

Goodnight Norbert and good night Pigbert
[Image: I99aeFA63QQkhFghaExsx46a-p4eSa_IDMrHrB-y...=w274-h275]I will miss you both.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am sorry to read this latest news. Norbert spent his whole life with you. You were close.

Run free with the rest of your family and friends on the astral, dear Norbert! I'm sure that the love and companionship which you gave to Catherine will never be forgotten.
Dear little Norbert, bless his Soul. I know how much he wil be missed.

That is a lovely tribute to him, and his family.

Happy times in the next world dear Norbert Heart  With those who have gone before you.
Thank-you. He was special and the whole family was special. It has been an unbroken line for 11 years.  Come the warm weather Norbert will rest in my piggie garden with the rest of his family. He loved them all and they loved him. Heart

It was kind of him to stay so long with me. He was always the quiet considerate one. Heart

I have other rescue piggies that need me, but Norbert was the baby that was born here and who was with me every moment of his life. No wonder he stayed so long.
Catherine

Do let us know if you ever have a "visit", Catherine!
I had a visit the other day from Frodo who has been gone for six years. He was with Norbert as a baby. Frodo was always very special and he brought a lot of happiness to Pigbert when I had Pigbert by himself. I think once I had Frodo I opened up to rescuing other piggies.  We were always very close and I was with him when he died.

He was just there a while and then he left. It was very peaceful. I like to think the whole family is together again. Frodo was the herd leader and even after his death he was still the herd leader. Now he has his whole herd together.

The four piggies I have now are not a continuation of the old family/herd. They are a new family/herd and they will have their own stories. I notice they are doing a lot of talking to each other. Who knows what they are planning. I am sure it involves food.
Catherine

Or perhaps they are wondering what Valentine's gift to give you (a heart-shape chewed leaf?!) - haha!
(02-14-2017, 02:07 AM)LPC Wrote: Or perhaps they are wondering what Valentine's gift to give you (a heart-shape chewed leaf?!) - haha!

Rotating LOL      A leaf chewed into a heart shape would be a lovely Valentine's gift!

Maybe Frodo, the leader, came to let you know he has them all gathered together 'under his wing'?
Quote:Maybe Frodo, the leader, came to let you know he has them all gathered together 'under his wing'?
I thought about it and that was my conclusion.
I am happy to know they are together again. Frodo was a good herd leader and they all looked up to him. He made them feel safe. Now I can be at peace that the family is safe together again. I know Frodo will look after them. Heart

Quote:Or perhaps they are wondering what Valentine's gift to give you (a heart-shape chewed leaf?!) - haha!
That is a very nice thought. However they are very food focused and I doubt they could leave anything uneaten.
I more suspect they are talking about how to get extra meals. How can they convince me that I haven't fed them yet.
Biscuit is always trying to ask for more. He will never forget the years when he went to bed hungry. I have made him rather fat, but on a guinea pig it looks good.
Catherine