Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mirror test--are we smart enough to test animal intelligence
I 'fix my image' in the mirror in the morning, then ride on that illusion for the rest of the day, never giving another thought to it. Unfortunately I go through hedges, storm force winds etc.....so by 8pm I look a lot different! (noticed that by accident one evening! haha)
Misty....now Misty loved me whether I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards or not, bless her Soul. They all do. They don't mind about things like that. They see us shine. That to me, is more valuable than passing some human-grade 'intelligence test'.

LPC, I passed the 11-plus. Went to grammar school immediately and wanted to be a vet, so was thrilled with the science labs. I'd wanted to be a vet since I was seven. But for some weird reason I ended up bottom of the class in the "C" stream! Thus I was denied Biology, Chemistry, and Physics lessons, and was forced into "Health Education" instead (mostly about reproduction! which I already knew about! haha) That course was designed to educate idiot girls about getting pregnant -or not -and how to avoid it.
I used to secretly learn German in the Health education lessons. As a "C" streamer science was denied to me so I couldn't train to be a vet.
The contender to science was music, so I put my heart and Soul into that instead.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The mirror test--are we smart enough to test animal intelligence - by Tobi - 02-17-2017, 11:34 AM