Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wings of Rescue saves 450 pets
Wings of Rescue is a group that flies animals from crowded shelters where they are at risk, to places where they will be adopted within days.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

This is such a wonderful idea. Some shelters are doing the best they can, but they are overwhelmed by the numbers of pets they are trying to care for. Sending the pets to other shelters that have room for them is an obvious solution. All it needed was caring people to organize a special rescue group to make it happen.

Well done Wings of Rescue. You have given life and hope to 450 unwanted pets. Angel
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well done Wings of Rescue! It's such a great idea to have a flight service like this for all those dogs and cats who otherwise would have to stay where they were....and be euthanised.
Those rescues over long distances can only really work out practically with a flight service like this.
This is becoming a real working solution for over crowded shelters. There are a number of groups that will transport animals.

There are truckers who take dogs with them and pass them on to other truckers to get animals across the country.
There are groups of volunteers who drive vans full of dogs from one city to another so they have a better chance of adoption.
They even transfer large dogs from the city to country shelters where they can be adopted by someone who has room for them.

We have become uncomfortable with mass euthanizations of healthy animals. Shelters are looking for solutions when they are overwhelmed by animals. If they can become a little more organized, euthanasia of healthy animals will be a thing of the past.
It will be an act of mercy to an injured, dying animal and not a way of getting rid of animals.

Every time I hear about a rescue like this I know we are on the right track.
Catherine

I found another article about Wings of Rescue.
They really are amazing!

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Just think of all the dogs without hope who are now in loving homes. Just thinking about it is like a warm hug.
Catherine