Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
There is actually a day designated as Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day. There are a number of other silly pet days as well. Do we really need a hairball awareness day? 
Dog biscuits were invented by someone and perhaps they deserve to be celebrated. Dogs certainly love them. Hamsters like them too, but that is another issue.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Walking The Dog Day makes sense, but why Feb 22?
I think my favourite, even though I don't understand it, is If Pets Had Thumbs Day which occurs on March 3.
I should be able to celebrate that one. I am surrounded by pets that don't have thumbs or any fingers at all.
What I really need is a Shedding Appreciation Day. Or better yet, a Lizard Spa Day, that one is for Barrie.

Let us not forget the really important pet celebration, International Pooper Scooper Week (April 1-7).
We can all appreciate this one.
How does one celebrate something like that?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Rotating LOL
Many dogs -MOST dogs will love the "Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day"!

Many cats will look utterly disgusted and walk away, or go to sleep if anyone dares to mention "Hairball Awareness Day".

I think dogs would like some kind of food appreciation day every day!
(02-25-2017, 04:19 PM)Catherine Wrote: Hamsters like them too, but that is another issue.
That sounds like a good story. More details, please!
Hamsters have tiny teeth, but they keep growing all the time. They need something like hard dog biscuits to wear them down. They eat chicken or beef or veggie biscuits, but not fish or cheese. They would gnaw on the biscuits for hours and they would leave little lacy looking bits behind. They never ate the whole biscuit. So dog biscuit day would be more "Hamster Dental Awareness Day". If they don't wear the teeth down they can become so long that the hamster can't eat or drink and starves to death. Good thing they really loved the biscuits. I actually ate a dog biscuit at the pet store when I was testing them out. I just wanted to test it with my teeth to see if it was hard.  When it crumbled I went ahead and ate it like I had intended to do that all along. It was still hard enough for the hamsters. My teeth are a lot bigger than a hamsters. The biscuit tasted pretty good. No wonder dogs like them.

I think we need more classy appreciation days. Perhaps cats would like a "Catnip Appreciation Day".   We could have a favourite blanket or toy appreciation day.

No one really wants to celebrate "Hairball Awareness Day". I can't picture a cake in honour of the day or gifts that would be exchanged. It just doesn't work as a special day.

I would like to celebrate "Have You Hugged Your Reptile Day". It works with snakes because they can hug back.
Guinea pigs would like any kind of vegetable appreciation day. Personally I want Spinach Day.

We could have some kind of food related day every month to make dogs happy.
I am sure we could all enjoy a day to celebrate food. We could all nibble a few dog biscuits. Some of them are pretty tasty.
Catherine

(02-26-2017, 06:12 PM)Catherine Wrote: Hamsters have tiny teeth, but they keep growing all the time. They need something like hard dog biscuits to wear them down. They eat chicken or beef or veggie biscuits, but not fish or cheese. They would gnaw on the biscuits for hours and they would leave little lacy looking bits behind. They never ate the whole biscuit. So dog biscuit day would be more "Hamster Dental Awareness Day". If they don't wear the teeth down they can become so long that the hamster can't eat or drink and starves to death. Good thing they really loved the biscuits. I actually ate a dog biscuit at the pet store when I was testing them out. I just wanted to test it with my teeth to see if it was hard.  When it crumbled I went ahead and ate it like I had intended to do that all along. It was still hard enough for the hamsters. My teeth are a lot bigger than a hamsters. The biscuit tasted pretty good. No wonder dogs like them.

I had no idea dog biscuits were liked by Hamsters, and no idea they are good for them!
I suppose home-baked "Hamster Biscuits" would work too. They would have to be baked really slow on a low light to make them hard as rock, but really good things for Hamsters could be included in the ingredients.

I once ate dog biscuits. I was 8 and had to go to the dentist that morning to have a tooth out. I was going to have a 'gas' anaesthetic so wasn't allowed any food, and all food had been hidden by my mother so I wouldn't eat anything.
I waited for her to go to the loo...then got in the dog's bed and ate 2 dog biscuits. They were pink and square, and tasted like dust. But I enjoyed crunching them up. The dentist asked me if I'd eaten anything and I said "Nothing except dog biscuits". He laughed and didn't believe me, so I got away with it.
I was very glad to get some human food two hours later, and had fish and chips to celebrate.
Hamsters like dog biscuits. If you made your own they could have carrots in them or spinach juice. They could have little seeds on top and be made in shapes that a hamster could handle. I have no idea what shape they would like, but it would be interesting to try some out. Too bad I don't have any more hamsters. 

I could make tasty people biscuits though. There are lots of recipes on the internet and dog biscuit recipes too.

I can picture you sneaking the dog biscuits. Who  would ever believe it.
I ate cat food when we were cleaning up after a cat show and nothing was open and I was really hungry. It wasn't bad or was I really hungry?

Tuesday is Cupcake Day. The cupcakes are being sold to raise money for animal shelters. So if I run into some cupcake sales I will buy some. Unless they are selling them in the Subway I will probably miss out.
Catherine

Haha! I ate cat food once too. For a bet when I was about 10 or so. I was surprised how very much like Salmon Paste that tasted. Not quite as tasty, and also a bit 'dusty'  but OK in an emergency. Smiley4 

Cupcake day sounds good. I like cupcakes and could mostly eat them any time. Like now....er, I should be sleeping now! Cupcakes would wake me up at any time of night. With a nice coffee.
I ate some kind of chunks in gravy. I have eaten worse. Some of the new fancy cat foods look very good. Even the little containers of dog food I sometimes give Barrie smell good and look good. Maybe Barrie would share with me.

I didn't see cupcakes anywhere. Not to worry, there is a special place a short walk from home that makes fresh baked cupcakes, cookies and ice-cream. Yes they make their own ice-cream. On a warm evening it is fun to walk up there and get a treat.

It is definitely better than eating dog and cat food. Smiley4
Catherine