Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help us save our dog!
We just got home from the veterinarians office where Chance was seen by the neurologist. He said that Chance looks really good and looks a lot better from when he saw him last. We are now planning on getting an MRI done since he has been stable for the past week.

I will keep everyone updated with any news on Chance.
Please keep us posted.
I am happy that things went well with the neurologist. I hope the MRI results are good as well. Keep us posted. I know we are all thinking about Chance and hoping for his recovery.

You must be tired and stressed right now. This is a real emotional roller coaster for you. It is okay to laugh and cry and be angry all at the same time. Waiting for tests is very hard. And seeing you boy unwell is scary. You will get through this, but we all know how hard it is and we are thinking of you and wishing you the best outcome possible.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted an update on Chance in some time.
He's been doing very well, so there hasn't been much to give an update on (which is a good thing!).
He has been acting just like his old self, and we've been taking him on walks and car rides, which he absolutely loves.
He has also been a lot more cuddly with us, and he sleeps in my bed every night.
I will post if there are any changes, but in Chance's case, no news is good news.
It is great to hear this news about Chance. It sounds like he is enjoying his life and his strength is picking up. Very good. Bless you Chance Heart
I was hoping it was all good news. It is good of you to let us know, but we understand that Chance needs you right now. Part of his recovery comes from his doctor and good treatment. A lot of it comes from you and your relationship to Chance. Love is a powerful thing and being there and giving Chance your loving support has given him the strength to get well and the will.

I hope it is all good news from now on. Give Chance a hug from me. Heart
Catherine

Delighted to hear your news! Stay well, Chance!
Hi everyone, a little update on Chance...

Chance has been doing really well still. He is acting like how he used to act before he got sick. He had a doctors appointment with his neurologist a few days ago and the doctor said he was very pleased with how Chance is looking/acting. He is starting to wean him off of his prednisone (the steroid to ease swelling in the brain), so he gets it every other day now instead of every day. He is still on the 3 other medications for the seizures. Because of how Chance has been reacting to the meds (and the lessening of the steroids) , the neurologist said that we could just be looking at epilepsy and not a brain tumor, which is amazing news! Obviously we can't know for certain unless an MRI is done, but he is showing good signs.
I was thinking about Chance the other day and I am so happy to hear that he is recovering. Just having him back like his old self must seem like a dream. It would be great if it is just epilepsy. I hope the news just keeps on getting better.
Once in a while we get to hear good news like this and it is a wonderful feeling.

All the best to Chance in his recovery. Keep us posted.
Catherine