Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water for Pigs Trial
Yes the trial of a woman giving water to pigs on the way to slaughter is still going on. (no one ever accused Canada of having a speedy justice system)
I think they are finally getting down to the closing arguments. Finally!

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I don't know what the outcome will be, but I will keep you posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

"But Justice David Harris said there was no evidence that the liquid was anything but water, and asked repeatedly whether it counted as interfering if there was no harm to the pigs, which were still taken to slaughter."

That sounds hopeful.
Quoted from the article:
" A Toronto woman who gave water to pigs on a truck headed to slaughter committed an act of kindness similar to when people gave water to Jews transported on cattle trains during the Holocaust"

Yes. Those thoughts went through my mind too. That woman's actions will not be forgotten by those animals. There is another reality much greater than this apparent one.
I think they went after her so strongly because she showed an act of kindness to pigs bound for slaughter. Her action did not endanger anyone physically. What it did was endanger the way we pretend that we don't see live animals being trucked to slaughterhouses. She forced people to see the pigs as animals in need, suffering because of what we choose to do to them.
They responded to her act of kindness. People can't forget their faces. People want to eat neatly processed pork, they do not want to eat an animal that looks to them for help.

However, it is sounding like the  crown doesn't have much of a case.
I think there will be a good outcome.

If Anita is sent to jail she will generate even more publicity. I don't think they want that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine