Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snakes make the best pets!
Seriously, snakes are the best pets ever. They are easy to care for and you can find a snake to match any colours you like.
Actually I did the opposite. Before I got my first snake I redecorated with colours that suited him. Anyone who knows me knows that this is not a joke. I really did pick my paint to match my future snake.

I found an article that agrees with me. I mostly agree with it. I think she doesn't fully understand her snakes. They are never looking at you as food, but they do know you provide the food. Most pet snakes are truly domestic animals and not all that wild.
Cats are closer to the wild. That being said, they are still reptiles and reptiles are very different. You can't expect them to act like mammals. They have their own ways of relating to us. I love the challenge of understanding them. I am very close to my snakes and they are close to me in their own way.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Snakes are an ideal condo/apartment pet. They are quiet and never need to be walked. The food is cheap and easy to get. It is frozen so it is fine to buy a months supply at a time. They don't make much mess(eat once a week, poop once a week) and they never scratch the furniture.  They also give good hugs. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes snakes are really peaceful, never scratch the furniture and never bark in the middle of the night for no apparent reason....except that a moth has just flown by!
(Such a trick is not unknown to Jack Russells!)
Snakes are very peaceful to be around.
Sometimes people want a pet and a dog or cat will not fit their circumstances. The pet human interaction with a snake is different, but it can be meaningful.

I find my snakes very peaceful. They live life at a slow pace. After a busy day at work and a hectic commute on the subway I come home to snakes that are gentle and mellow. They set the tone for life at home. It makes my place an oasis of peace in a very active life. They are also very pretty and I never get tired of their beauty.    And they give good hugs. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine