Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pencil sketches of pets
A California artist does pencil sketches of pets. They can capture the spirit of the pet better than a photograph.
It started with the artist doing a picture of her brother's late Shih Tzu Yorkie. Since then she has done many sketches.
I love the example she shows us.  I wish she was in Toronto.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

There are pets I would love to see done in a pencil sketch. There is something about a drawing that goes further than a photo. A photo captures a moment in time. A drawing seems to go beyond the moment.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a great idea I'd love a sketch of Bessie.
I would love a picture done like that. I haven't been able to track the artist down. I will try another search for her by name in her area.

The sketches capture something special.
Catherine

What a talented artist Pat is. Her work really catches the character of the animals.

"A photo captures a moment in time. A drawing seems to go beyond the moment." ....beautifully said Catherine. In a photo sometimes only one aspect of the animal's character is caught, during a split second of time. But a drawing is a slower thing and captures many facets of their character.
I love to see sketches of pets. The artist puts something more into a sketch. Cameras are great and the newer digital pictures are so much better, but nothing compared to a simple pencil drawing.
Catherine