Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cat came back.
A  family in California lost their cat 4 years ago. After all this time they were not expecting to hear from the cat again.
BooBoo was microchipped so when he was turned in as a stray the shelter scanned him and found he had owners in California. BooBoo was in southern Ontario at the time. How he got from California to Ontario is anyone's guess. BooBoo is not telling.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

If only cats could talk. They have a way of turning up in the most unlikely places. Good thing BooBoo was microchipped. He is on his way home after an adventure that we really would love to hear about.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Four years away is a long time. I wonder what happened during that time? We shall never know. But thankfully BooBoo is back home again.

Having an animal microchipped and keeping the details updated, is a sure way to eventually get them home again. Without a chip, they could get re-adopted. No one knows who their people are.

Microchipping all dogs has now become law in UK. That is, dogs from 8 weeks old, and older dogs who haven't been microchipped before.
That should give lost dogs a much better chance of getting home again. But I don't know if compulsory microchipping for cats is law yet here.
Without a microchip they could never have found the cat's owners. Four years and more than 1,500 miles is too far and too long.

BooBoo's people were glad to hear that he is well and one of them flew to Buffalo New York to bring him home. The Canadian shelter that had him drove him across the border and he was reunited with his people.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...JLNdsekmdA

If only we could know how he traveled so far and where he crossed the border. It must be quite a story.

The UK is smart to push people into microchipping their pets. Dogs first, but they can push for cats later. Many animals will make it home because of microchipping. It will stop people from abandoning their dogs if they can be traced through a microchip.
Catherine

There is more to the story. They now know how BooBoo made it across the border and how he ended up in an animal shelter.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The people who found BooBoo in the first place never bothered  to have him checked for a microchip.
This has been enough of an adventure for any cat. I hope he settles down and stays home.
Catherine

It's really a good thing that Booboo was able to return home, after all those years.. I wonder if he still remember his family.
I have heard of a micro chipped cat who came home after ten years. He walked in like he owned the place.

BooBoo was glad to see his people. I just hope he stays home this time.
Catherine