Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking to pets is a sign of intelligence
It seems they have studied the fact that we tend to talk to pets and objects and have decided that it is a sign of intelligence.
I for one am happy to hear this.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

We knew it all along. Some of us must be very intelligent. I even talk to trees.
We are certainly very secure if we are willing to talk openly to our pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh I have always talked to anyone/anything. Of course I do. Animals like it when you talk to them. And it helps to build their understanding of vocabulary and whatever language is used. They get to know an awful lot more of what we say than we think they do! They respond to our voices, and to the tone of our voices also.
I can't imagine having an animal in life every day and NOT talking to it!

Yes I have talked to trees too. I often talk to the five great Oaks near my house as I pass. I thank them for being there because they're beautiful and strong and lovely company. And I often have apologised for what humans may have done, to any natural living thing, when I have seen any damage or thoughtless harm done.
Quote:Yes I have talked to trees too. I often talk to the five great Oaks near my house as I pass. I thank them for being there because they're beautiful and strong and lovely company. And I often have apologised for what humans may have done, to any natural living thing, when I have seen any damage or thoughtless harm done.
Sadly we are having to apologize more and more often.

I think it is courtesy to talk to things around us. It is rude to assume that nothing is smart enough to understand what we say.
I think we might be surprized  if we really knew.
Catherine

I must have a large IQ then I talk to everything I come across.
I think pretty much everyone on this forum is brilliant. I know we all talk to animals and quite a few other things.
Catherine