Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four great animal parents
Animals do a good job of parenting. Some species are exceptional parents. They focus everything they have on raising their young well. It is interesting to hear about them and appreciate how much they are willing to do.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I love the Beaver and how dedicated they are to their kits. By sitting for hours on the edge of a beaver pond(getting wet of course) I got to see young kits. The male came out of the lodge and checked things out first. He looked at me, but I didn't move, I didn't even breath. He decided I was not dangerous. The kits were so cute and they followed the parents around watching them work.

You have to admit the rattlesnake is the most dedicated. That is a long time to go without food. Snakes are really a long thin tube and once there are babies a mother snake can't eat. The food can't safely get past the babies. Egg laying snakes miss a few meals before they lay their eggs. A snake that caries the eggs until they hatch, can't eat. Those babies grow inside her and she has to put their needs first.

I am sure their are many more great parenting examples. Animals do so many things to help their children survive.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine