Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 Ball Pythons abandoned
The owner had 100 ball pythons in small containers. She left them to die.
This is a tragic loss of life. These snakes were very vulnerable and totally dependent on her. They could go months without food and even a fair time without water. Their deaths would have been slow. They would have had no way to help themselves. All they could have done is wait for death getting weaker by the day.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

There is a video talking about what happened.

https://youtu.be/tGKVnso1VkQ

She could have appealed for help. Reptile people rescue their own. I am sure all the reptile breeders and reptile stores  in the area would have taken some of her snakes for her if she could no longer care for them. If she was having trouble feeding them, she could have continued to give them water. She chose to leave them to die. Ball pythons are such gentle creatures. They did not deserve what happened to them. Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's awful those poor things,I don't care what her reasons were horrible woman.
She just walked away and left them to die. It was so cruel and unnecessary. Because they were snakes hidden in small containers so was able to turn her back on them.  Most of them were poorly housed in the first place. I hope they are able to charge her. No excuse is good enough for what she did. Angry
Catherine

What an awful heartless thing to do. It makes you wonder why anyone would do that? Why anyone would not be able to imagine what those pythons would be going through.

Yes she could have given them to a reptile rescue, but couldn't be bothered. That is very sad.
I can't imagine why she took on 100 ball pythons. It would cost about $1000.00 a month to feed them. I doubt she was ever feeding them properly. To just let them die like that is horrible. It took a long time for them to die. They would have starved and dehydrated slowly. Smiley19 They are such a gentle snake. They would have been totally helpless in those plastic boxes.
I don't understand why a person would let their animals die rather than ask for help.
Catherine