Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats wait for the Mailman
Cats receiving mail..... Smiley4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM82u69lF5c
79 85 Smiley4

That is so funny. Delivering mail to those cats must be like a game. I would be tempted to slip a small catnip toy through the letter slot, but maybe the owners wouldn't like that.

I wonder what the cats think is happening when letters come through the door every day.  I wonder how many letters get eaten.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I delivered mail once as a Christmas job when I was a teenager. I remember many snappy dogs who were ready to take my fingers off, so I had to be p.d. fast putting the letters through! The worst letter boxes were those with furry bristles on the inside. You couldn't just shoot those letters through fast....you had to negotiate the furry bristles....and that's when the dogs were waiting for you!   Smiley4 
I never had any problem with cats. Those cats were all 'undercover' and inscrutable.
Dogs and mail I can understand. You must have had fun trying get letters delivered. Dogs can wait all day and they can hear you coming.

Cats are more stealthy. Although some of these cats look like they waited all day for the mail to come. Some of them were having fun, but that one cat was really hostile.

I suppose mail delivery must feel like an invasion of territory to a dog. Cats are crazier about it. I don't know what they think.
Catherine

Haha! The 'mailbox' dogs were one thing....the absolute worst thing was when the dogs were out in the garden....
I vaulted many a gate. Fortunately I love dogs and always did so no hard feelings!
My Mama used to come with me sometimes and sit on my mail bag at the end of the street, and have a cigarette. It was nice to have her company on that meandering journey from 8am to 1 o clock. But the mail bag was extremely heavy and only grew lighter by work. I was lucky to be able to vault gates to escape snappy dogs without the weight of that bag, or I might not be here to tell the tale! LOL

I don't know what either cats or dogs think about letters suddenly appearing through a hole in the door. Obviously it is some sort of invasion of their personal space....or for some cats it might appear to be prey creeping through....
It might be something simliar to a stick suddenly appearing out of the ceiling above your bed, and descending slowly to poke you in the ribs! What an intrusion!I think anyone would have the right to get snappy about that!
Mail slots are a weird idea anyhow. You go to the trouble of locking your door and then you have a hole cut in it. It is a bit of an invasion when you think of it. Maybe cats understand that.

You must have had quite a time delivering the mail. Dogs are not good about strangers coming on the property. Good thing you were fast and agile. I bet you have fond memories of the job and you don't miss it at the same time.
Catherine

I mainly remember the weight of that mail bag, and my loyal Mama who came with me to help guard that heavy bag while I went down each street. That was probably illegal, but no-one knew except us two Smiley4  We were ready for lunch. When the bag was empty I went back to the depot to de-brief and dump the empty sack, and she went home to cook us some food. Those are my fondest memories of that job.
That was good of her to help and very clever to sit with the bag. You couldn't just leave the bag, but it would have been too heavy to carry. They have little three wheeled carts now. Most mail carriers do not try to carry the heavy bags.

The lunch together would be a fond memory. We always remember the meal times.
Catherine