Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taiwan bans slaughter of cats and dogs for human consumption
(Quoted from the BBC news page below)

"Taiwan's parliament has approved a bill banning the slaughter of cats and dogs for human consumption.

The bill also prohibits those using a car or motorbike from pulling their pets alongside them on a lead as they travel."

Read more:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39573426
Quote:"Taiwan's parliament has approved a bill banning the slaughter of cats and dogs for human consumption.

This is really big. We are seeing the end of the slaughter and eating of dogs and cats. If Taiwan does this then other countries will be influenced to do the same. This makes Taiwan seem modern and progressive, a kinder and more humane society. Other countries will not want to be seem as barbaric and primitive in comparison.

This horrible, cruel, barbaric practice is being overthrown. Smiley34 Smiley32 Big Grin Smiley42

I know it is not completely over, there are still going to be dog eating festivals in some places this year. This could be the last year for a number of places. Once countries start to reject the practice it will stop. Taiwan is actually banning it. That is pretty strong for a practice that was defended as a long standing tradition until recently.

I wonder what country will be the last hold out and try to keep dog eating going.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is good news.
It seems the new lady President has dogs (and I think cats) of her own and probably genuinely cares. Whereas the last President (also a woman) abandoned her dogs when she left the Presidential building!
Quote:It seems the new lady President has dogs (and I think cats) of her own and probably genuinely cares. Whereas the last President (also a woman) abandoned her dogs when she left the Presidential building!
It is wonderful that the new president has dogs and cats. Her love for her own pets will save many other dog and cat lives.
Once you have a pet dog you could never consider eating a dog.

Sometimes if you want to change things, you need to become president and be in  a position to change things.

This is such good news, I hope it spreads to other countries. Bad things spread, why shouldn't good things.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine