Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caitrin lays 21 eggs
Caitrin is my oldest female. She was Earl's mate and he was around twenty when he died. I think she is past ten, but not yet fifteen. She has been living with Jack since Earl died. Jack is old. He is a bit stiff and moves like an old snake. He is definitely past ten and more. They haven't had eggs in a couple of years so I figure they are retired and living out their golden years in peace.
Imagine my surprize when Caitrin seemed to be pregnant. I wasn't sure if it was for real, but I took it seriously and set her up in a nest box.
Surprize! I got up this morning to 21 beautiful eggs.

[Image: 1191_f8ce.JPG?c=462b]

Caitrin looks good and all the eggs look good. They are all a good size and definitely fertile!
For an old girl she has still got it. That is a big clutch and it only took a few hours for her to lay them.

[Image: 1192_cae9.JPG?c=1b78]
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's a decent sized clutch for an old girl.
Oh what a lovely display of eggs Caitrin! That must have been a real treat to wake up to in the morning!

I hope they all 'work'. But even if only a few of them do, that will be babies for her.

Good old Caitrin!
I am really proud of her. They all look good, so maybe most of them will hatch. Not bad for an old girl.
She does look pleased with herself. In her life she has produced a good number of eggs. There are a lot of offspring of Caitrin and Earl out there and even some from Caitrin and Jack.

I kept a couple of Caitrin and Earl's  children. I also have a son from Earl and Raven, who is almost mature. He looks like a young Earl. I only knew Earl as an old man. It is beautiful to see what he would have looked like as a young snake. He was very handsome. I have a daughter from Raven and David, she is young, but she is exceptional.

Remind me to do a post showing you my younger generation of snakes.  It takes a couple of years for their colours to come in so they are just starting to have full colour. I will get my camera going this week. I have some amazing young snakes from my girls.

I am happy for Caitrin.  She has always been good at producing eggs and she seems contented when she has finally laid the clutch.
Catherine

I should have taken a picture. Mike laid 23 eggs. That is my biggest clutch ever. This is going to be a busy year for snakes.
Catherine