Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pup in 350ft deep canyon -amazing rescue
"Rescuing Riley, Saving Myself"

is a book by Zak Anderegg which is absolutely at the TOP of my wish list right now. I will try to locate it on Amazon, but meanwhile I would just like to share the story.

Zak was canyoning in Utah, when he came upon a little emaciated pup stuck in a pot-hole in the canyon, 350 feet below the surface.
It became obvious that he hadn't fallen in there, but (and this is unthinkable) -had been deliberately put in that hole to starve and die.

To read more about the book ("Home")...to watch the video of Riley's rescue ("The Rescue")....and a snip from the Ellen show ("Pubilicity")....go to:

https://www.rescuingrileysavingmyself.com/
What an amazing story. How did he ever spot the dog in a deep dark hole like that.
It took a lot of courage to rescue the dog under such dangerous conditions. That was no easy climb. I notice he fed the dog and made sure he would be okay for another day while he planned how to get him out.

That poor dog was so weak he couldn't even respond. It is incredible that he lived after all that and thrived and has turned into a beautiful dog.

I wonder if the book is available in Canada.
I just checked and I can get it from indigo chapters, they have copies in the store. Now all I have to do is visit the store.

I hope you can find a copy. They have it in eBook form. Do you have an eBook?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes I had an Amazon reader for PC. When I say "had" I mean they suddenly upgraded it for no logical reason so mine wouldn't work any more without me having to upload a new one and I appeared to lose my 'library'. (Why can't people leave things alone? Why do things online have to be changed every five minutes by some bright sparks -unless there are security weaknesses?) I just haven't uploaded another one yet. But I will when I get the chance.
Quote:Yes I had an Amazon reader for PC. When I say "had" I mean they suddenly upgraded it for no logical reason so mine wouldn't work any more without me having to upload a new one and I appeared to lose my 'library'. (Why can't people leave things alone? Why do things online have to be changed every five minutes by some bright sparks -unless there are security weaknesses?) I just haven't uploaded another one yet. But I will when I get the chance.
Ah yes the dreaded updates that are supposed to improve things. Just when you have everything working well someone will "fix" it and it won't work at all.
Some people haven't learned to stop fixing things that are not broken. Small improvements are good and fixing glitches is good. Some of these big upgrades are crazy. The upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista was a disaster. No one liked Vista.
Then they jumped to Windows 7, then Windows 8 and now finally we are using Windows 10. Of course finally is not the right word because you know they are already thinking of Windows 11 and 12 and so on. Just about the time I figure Windows 10 out, they will change it.

Good luck with your eReader. I didn't know they could mess them up with upgrades.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine