Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yulin Dog Meat Festival
Quote:Some of those things are not what Communism is all about. For those very reasons the Chinese government should step in and stop this. Under Soviet Communism, many writers and musicians were persecuted and even imprisoned. Just for writing words or music!

Surely for capitalist agendas such as the "Yulin Festival" and the knowledge that certain factions (such as mafia etc) are laughing at the ideals of Communism, the government should take a stance.
I am not so sure that there is any actual communism left in China. There are restrictions, but not communist ideals.
I don't think communism has ever really worked anywhere. Some people always became rich under communism and lived better than others.  It seems to be human nature to act that way. We will know we have improved as a species when those who do better also share with others who have less.

Quote:The torture of dogs is NOT an ancient Chinese 'tradition'. It is a relatively modern idea and a way for meat merchants to make high profits.
I don't think the eating of dogs is an ancient tradition either. Before there were big cities the country would have been mostly farmers. Farmers need their dogs. They couldn't afford to eat them. Dogs and cats are essential to pest control. It is only because most people live in cities that they can eat their dogs.

The torture idea and other cruelties are something else. I can't imagine why anyone would want to torture anything. What kind of person thought of such a thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

You are right about when there is money to be made the most horrific behaviours are excused!! That seems to be the bottom line in many cases about animal welfare. Human beings have a long way to go to evolve as a species. There are some who are on the right track for sure.

I have signed a lot of petitions on Facebook about this and again here.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Every year we sign the petitions and we know we will do it again. Things are improving. Some dogs are rescued and people are more aware of what goes on. It is going to take time to overcome cruelty like this.

To give it up means admitting that it was wrong in the first place.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine