Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ikea donates beds to animal shelter
Ikea has donated a number of doll beds to an animal shelter so the cats will have a comfortable place to sleep.
I think that was very thoughtful of them and very creative. I never thought of a doll bed as a cat bed.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I love it when I hear about a big company doing something good like this. The beds went to a shelter near the Ikea store so they are giving to their own local community. It is easy to give money to various causes and it is good. It is just more friendly when the donation is something that is needed by a group in your own neighbourhood.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a really helpful idea, Ikea!

To tell the truth, I had never heard of 'doll beds'. The nearest thing I ever saw to a doll bed was when I had a doll's house my father built, and there was furniture in all the rooms created by both my parents! (bless their hearts!) Yes there was a simple little bed but it was the size of a llarge matchbox.

But if any cat-sized beds are available those cats in the shelter will be very grateful for them. This is a thoughtful thing for Ikea to do. And a little magnanimity of course does no business any harm!

A reminder...and this can be done by anyone. Any old blankets, sheets, cushions, even soft seats from old furniture....etc etc which would otherwise be thrown out, always make good donations to local animal rescues and shelters. But before doing that it's best to call first to make sure they are wanted at the time. Rescues and shelters can always use those things for dog and cat beds. Many a cat will make a nice bed on a cushion.
My local shelter is always taking in towels and blankets. They want to give the animals something soft to lie on.
The doll beds are perfect for cats. They are just the right size and they raise the cats off the concrete floor.

I hope other stores think about making donations of things that animals could use. Shelter life can be hard on a cat or any other animal. The gift of a comfy bed makes it just a little easier.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine