Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Canadian Tire Store to allow pets inside
A Canadian Tire Store has decided to fight dogs left in hot cars by allowing them in the store on hot days.
It makes sense. People are going to bring their dogs with them and they do want to shop. It is just not safe to leave a dog in a car. Too many dogs have died already.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

This is one store doing a good thing. How about all the rest of them. Is there any way they can open their doors to pets and save their lives?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

If it is just a tyre shop, why not? Perhaps in Canada most shops do not allow dogs inside?

Here in France, dogs are still permitted in many big stores. We took Forgy around a giant DIY store last autumn and the security men at the door looked a bit bemused but didn't stop us. He is accepted in a few restaurants - but we always ask first and respect any refusals.

When we bought our first home in France in 1999 (for the holidays at that time), we were amazed to see a few people taking their dogs around supermarkets, as in the UK this is not allowed. However, France rapidly went the way of the UK and almost everwhere you see the "no dogs" sign at the entry to the supermarket or shopping mall.

I personally don't see why dogs shouldn't be allowed in shops, although perhaps some large stores have had a rare problem with dogs "lifting their legs" or even defecating. Good for that Canadian tyre store!

Oh, correction! "My bad," as the Americans love to say. I see after looking at the article again that the shop doesn't just sell tyres. It seems (judging by the picture) that it is a general franchise store, selling a range of goods. In that case, it makes their permission for dogs to enter the shop even more impressive. Good for them! May more shops follow suit.
Haha! They are great for doing this but taking a big risk! Smiley4  Dogs love to pee on car tyres! Why? It's a mystery.

There is a general hardware store in the town nearby me called "Proper Job", and they allow dogs in. It is so refreshing to turn a corner in the aisles and meet a dog! It's probably the only store/shop in town that does allow dogs to come in.
Tobi, if you really must raise the question of dogs and tyres....haha! There is page specially about this topic:
http://www.whydodogs.com/why-do-dogs-pee-on-tires

The site has other interesting pages, too. But I don't want to spoil the positive tone of Catherine's thread. The shop chain deserves praise.
(Sorry Catherine....I have gone off topic tempted by the hilariousness of dogs plus car tyres!)

Rotating LOL  Thank you for that "Why do dogs pee on tyres" article! It's fascinating!

Back to topic, I think it's great that dogs are allowed in the tyre store. And it is compassionate of them to do that because dogs must not be left in hot cars outside. It also makes business sense, as people may not visit the store if their option is to have to leave their dog in a hot car.

I hope well behaved dogs will be allowed in many more places yet.
Toby (Jack Russell) was allowed in Sotheby's London. So they go on my "canine friendly" list too! But it might have changed now, This was in the 1980s, and I had to petition the people in there. Eventually they allowed Toby in. They were happy and charmed by his presence.
Canadian Tire is much more than a tire store. In fact I have never gone near the tire section of the store. (I think they all still sell tires)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/...IIg&adurl=

I can get everything from lightbulbs to toasters.  They have big stores with many departments. Allowing dogs inside is a big step.
If they can do it a lot of other big stores could let dogs inside. This is just one Canadian Tire store. The rest haven't responded yet.

Some places are not allowed to bring dogs in
 because they sell food. If they planted more trees people could shade their cars and it might help.
I like the idea of dogs coming into the store.  It would be so much safer.

I don't know about dogs and tires, but I do know on long road trips across the treeless prairies, drivers need to get out and "check the tires" regularly.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine