Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad shelter dog finds a home because of a picture
Annabelle a ten year of dog at a shelter had given up. She no longer had hope when someone passed by her kennel.
The photographer who posts shelter dogs online made appoint of showing how much Annabelle needed a loving home

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Now happily she is in that loving home. She certainly looks like a different dog.
No animal wants to be at a shelter no matter how good the shelter is. Pets all deserve their own forever home.

I hope the photographer can work his magic fro the other dogs in the shelter. They all deserve to go home with someone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sweet little dog. The story almost made brought a tear to my eye. It reminded me of Dazzle, a dog I chose as a teenager at Battersea Dogs Home, because unlike the other dogs who rushed to greet me, Dazzle stayed at the back and looked totally dazzled by it all. Hence he got his name, Dazzle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Dazzle is a beautiful dog. It is the ones that need us that turn out to be the best pets ever. Dazzle really needed you to give him a home. Annabelle needed a home and was clearly past being able to ask for help.

It takes a special person to see that pet that is lost inside and give it a home. Frodo the guinea pig had been at the shelter for a year and he looked depressed. I took him because of how long he had been there. He was the most fun guinea pig ever. He made me laugh and he made my other guinea pigs feel safe. He wasn't good looking, he was just a really good guinea pig.

Showing compassion to a pet in need has its own rewards.
Catherine

Indeed. Talking about guinea pigs being rescued, do you know what happened to that lovely lady in Wales who helped rescuing guinea pigs? Hope all is well with her.
Annabelle is such a lovely little dog. I am glad a feature was made for her, because when that happens there is usually a sudden overwhelming response. I am glad she was adopted by that good lady. Poor sad little dog. But she is happy now.

I have heard you speak of Dazzle many tmes, LPC, but it is very nice to see a picture of him. I didn't know he came from Battersea. What a nice looking boy. He looks like Border Collie/Spaniel cross perhaps? He looks very similar to a dog my Dad used to have as a teenager. I never heard my Dad speak about the 'family dog' (before he was married and before I was born) but in later years I have seen some old photographs of them running and playing together, and a picture of his mother (My Nanna) with the dog...very like Dazzle indeed!

I also hope Cibach is okay. She was last active on the forum about 11 months ago now. My kindest thoughts to her and family, and Guinea Pigs.
I just sent off an email to Cibach. Thank-you for reminding me. She did say she was moving so I expected to not hear from her for a while. I didn't realize it had been so long.

It is always good when they do a story about a rescue dog. Other people are encouraged to rescue a dog themselves. They might even be inspired to rescue another sad little dog like Annabelle.

I feel so sad for the dog that everyone overlooks. Like Dazzle they turn out to be the best dog ever.
Catherine