Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoo Shareholders feed live donkey to tigers
Shareholders for the Yancheng Safari Park in China are angry because they have not made money from the zoo. They protested by throwing a live donkey into the tiger pen. It was horrible. It took the tigers 30 minutes to kill the donkey.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...0fZb2ORrGA

I don't see how an act of animal cruelty can be considered a protest. Their behavior is unthinkable.
I don't know if they can be charged with anything, but they should be. At very least they should lose any money they have invested in the zoo. After that kind of behavior they should never be able to profit from the zoo.

I cannot even imagine what they were thinking. Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

No, I don't think they can be charged with anything, as there are no animal welfare laws in Communist China. Neither can they be charged with trespassing, as they were shareholders and had the right to be in the zoo. So nothing will be done.

I find this incident quite disturbing, as the brutal slow death of an animal was used by the shareholders as a protest about money.
(06-13-2017, 02:09 PM)Catherine Wrote: I don't see how an act of animal cruelty can be considered a protest. Their behavior is unthinkable.

Right. Why these people should think causing suffering to an innocent creature will help them in their protest....I don't know. Maybe yes, they got media coverage from doing that sick act. But it certainly doesn't warm anyone's heart to their situation!
That poor donkey, what it must have gone through. It probably passed away a lot slower and with more terror than it would if it had been hunted in the wild. Those Tigers are unused to hunting techniques, having probably never used them.
It was a totally inhumane act and you are right LPC, there are no laws to protect the donkey. I suppose as shareholders they could even vote to do it so they didn't even violate any zoo rules.

Why aren't people governed by common decency and basic humanity. I have given up hoping for common sense.

They got publicity, but I am not so sure it was the kind they wanted. If there are no legal consequences I hope there are some personal ones. Would you do business with these people or be friends with them. People could find out what businesses they run and boycott them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine