Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new shelves
We are remodeling at work again and I got super lucky.  My manager let me take one of the shelves I just had to get rid of before the end of the day.  So I borrowed my step dads truck and now we have free awesome shelves for the reptiles.  Its 4ft long and over 7ft tall.  I'm really excited to get them set up.  We had to put them outside for now cause we have to clean a few things before We can bring them in the house and they need to be cleaned.  We will have room to put probably 4 tanks.

http://myparadog.tumblr.com/post/1617757...es-at-work

I'm having a really hard time uploading most of my pictures because they are too big so I'm just going to start using Tumblr.
That looks like a good shelving unit. You will be able to store your tanks better if you have good shelves.

You are like me, you are always looking for things that might work for your reptiles. I can't wait to see pictures of it set up.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sounds ideal you get lucky sometimes.
These are really good shelves. They were from the kitchen department so they typically hold glasses, plates, mini fridges and many other heavy things. So I know they are prefect for holding tanks. I can fit at least 2 10 gallon tanks if not 3. Fits 20 gallon tanks with ease. I think even the 30 gallon tank will fit. And I could stack 4 high.
I've been looking a lone time for something like this and actually bought some shelves but they arrived crushed andbeill have to return them. Besides free is better.
Free is definitely better. You can make choices about he size of tank and shift things around. If they were used to hold dishes them you will have no trouble with tanks.

This was your  lucky day.
You will want 30 gal tanks at some point. Snakes have a way of growing into them.
Catherine

It will make it easier to take care of them and that's a plus for your pets.
I actually have some fiberglass tanks I need to share as well. I forgot I hadn't shared yet. They are 2ft hight and width and about 6ft long. 3 stacked high which were also free. They are about 20 yrs old and need some repairing but they recently held 10ft boas with ease. Same friend that probed the snakes gave us these. We don't have them put together yet we have to clean and repair them first and just haven't had time yet. I'll get a picture if I can.
I have never seen fiberglass tanks. They sound interesting. They are big enough so you could give your snakes lots of room.
They must be secure if they held 10ft boas(Colombian red tails?)

Once you get the shelves and the tanks all set up and repaired you will have really nice setups for your snakes.  You will have room for more if you end up taking in more or buying something interesting.

I would love to see pictures of the fiberglass tanks. That was nice of your friend to give them to you.
Catherine

http://myparadog.tumblr.com/post/1619076...so-excited

Here's the tanks. Not the best pictures but I'll get better ones once we set them up.
Not sure on type of boas. She has reticulated pythons too.