Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake Cafe
It was only a matter of time before someone opened a snake café. Why should do and cat people have all the fun?
Tokyo is the only place so far to be bold enough to open such a place. Think of how much fun it would be. They have a beautiful collection of snakes. Snakes are very calming and sharing a coffee break with one would be nice.
I should know. I have breakfast with my snakes every day.

http://animalcafes.com/v/25562.html

Don't you wish you were there. I know I do.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wow! A Snake Cafe! If I were there I would certainly go to it.
I hope the Snakes are happy in that busy environment though. I suppose some might be more than others.
Catherine, how can you tell when a Snake is stressed?
When you work with snakes you just know if your snake is stressed. The body language changes. Different species have different body language and move differently, but you still sense if they are tired or stressed. You know your snake the way a mother knows her child.

I can tell if a snake likes someone. Sometimes a snake will not want to be held by a particular person. When some people pick up a snake the snake just relaxes into their hands. The person is comfortable with the snake and the snake is comfortable with the person. They have their likes and dislikes.

A place like the snake café would have a number of snakes and they would put a snake back in its home tank when it needs a break.

If I have snakes at a street festival ( Like the Big on Bloor festival in July) I like to bring 4-5 of my own corn snakes. I choose the ones who are old enough and who are comfortable with strangers. I have one snake out at a time and put it back as soon as it shows and sign of needing a break. Then I bring out the next one. Each snake spends most of the day resting after being handled by strangers. I am always hands on close if someone is holding my snake.

The café would be keeping a close watch on its snakes. I think most of the snakes would enjoy their life there.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine