Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog falls from rooftop dog park
This is a sad story with a sad ending. A happy trip to a rooftop dog park ended badly when the dog leapt over a wall in his excitement and fell 5 floors to his death.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

For a smaller dog or an older dog the accident wouldn't have been possible. However young, strong, bigger dogs can easily jump 3.5 feet. Who ever designed the area underestimated what dogs can do. Better safety features and perhaps keeping control of the dog could have prevented this from happening. Since it is hard to control and excited pet it would be better to control the safety of the park.

I feel bad for the person who has lost his dog. It is hard to lose a young healthy dog because of an accident.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How very sad, and my thoughts go to his family who must be devastated. One minute he's playing....the next he has passed away in such a tragic way.

I don't know whose silly idea it was to put a fence 3.5 feet high around a rooftop dog park, at that height. Many dogs -even small dogs could manage to leap 3.5 feet if they got excited, and it would be nothing to a medium/large dog.
They do need to rethink safety. It could be a mesh fence so they don't lose the view, but it does need to be a higher fence.
Many dogs are good jumpers and they do get excited and run and jump around.

I hope the dog park fixes the fence and I hope people are more careful with their dogs until it is fixed. It is sad that one dog was lost. It would be horrible to have another dog fall.
It is such a tragic way to lose a pet.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine