Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog suffering from allergic rash
I agree with Catherine. Many allergies are food-related.
If you can find a food with meat or fish among the top of the list of ingredients, a carb. like brown rice, and no additives/preservatives (except Vitamin E) that might be a good idea.
I found one like that for my dog, but that was from Liverpool UK. I ordered online. It was a very good dry food, and the company had won an award.
I also fed real cooked meat/fish/eggs with vegetables as well as the dry food. Apart from a few slices of apple now and again, my dog never ate anything else. She never suffered with any allergy all of her life.

Another thing to consider is Household Cleaning Products. We take them for granted, but there are heavy chemicals involved -even in laundry powder.
Steam-cleaning things instead (with just water) is a hygienic alternative, works well, and involves NOTHING but water!

Also have a think about yearly booster inoculations. This can stress the immune system terribly. Although it's important to make sure your dog is protected, it may be that the yearly boosters are damaging or not needed. A dog can retain immunity to things like Distemper for a few years!
The only way to be able to tell safely, is to speak to the vet about Titer Testing, to test for immunity. It costs more than the injections -but it is healthier for the dog.
Some diseases -like Leptospirosis- do not 'titer' well, and may have to be repeated yearly. Also I don't know about the law concerning Rabies vaccinations. I know they are mandatory, but don't know where the law stands about Titer testing for this. You would need to discuss this with the vet.

For a lotion, you could try natural Aloe Vera...either from the plant leaves, or as a gel. To extract it from the plant leaf, first wash the leaf well in water, then cut it open, and scrape out the gel-substance from the inside of the leaf. This can be used straight away, directly on the skin.

Messages In This Thread
Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Bock - 12-31-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Bock - 12-31-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Tobi - 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM
RE: Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Tobi - 01-04-2014, 04:06 AM
RE: Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Tobi - 01-05-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Tobi - 03-12-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: Dog suffering from allergic rash - by Bock - 01-08-2014, 02:16 PM