Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ducklings rescued
It is that time of year when ducklings end up in the strangest of places and we humans come to their rescue.
This time all 7 of a mother duck's babies ended up in a storm sewer.  Fortunately the local RCMP were called in and went down the drain after them. All seven were happily reunited with mom.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/f...-1.4178192

I am sure this is not the last duckling rescue story we will hear this year. Somehow baby ducks seem to have a way of ending up in the wrong places. They always find someone willing to rescue them.  I think anyone would rescue a duck from anywhere.
Anything that cute and helpless just brings out the hero in all of us.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

....Now this takes me back in time....
When I was a child, I had a doll which was a RCMP mounted policeman in full uniform. He was detachable from his horse! But unfortunately his legs were permanently bent when he dismounted. I know I am digressing somewhat....but I always had a certain fondness for the RCMP after that!

So it is charming to hear they rescued these little ducklings from a storm drain. Bless them.
I grew up in a town that had RCMP for our local police. I am not surprized that they would rescue baby ducks.
I am just amazed at all the funny places that baby ducks end up. They seem to have an affinity for storm drains. Maybe we need to make storm drains duckling proof. Finer coverings on drains would probably be enough.  Of course baby ducks will find other places to get stuck.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine