Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airport Puppy!
That is a heartbreaking decision the woman had to make. I am glad the shelter is going to wait 4 weeks before having Chewy adopted, in case the woman can claim him.
However....if the problem was that she couldn't afford to take him on her flight, then she may not have the money to give him the life she knows he needs. How sad really. Chewy is a lovely little pup. I hope the woman will be able to go back for him....

Yes he is highlighting the problem of pets involved in domestic abuse. Two/three years ago I knew a woman who lived in a domestic abuse situation, and she had four dogs. She did not trust her husband with the dogs either. It was a difficult problem for her. Now that has resolved. To cut a long story short, she has managed to file for divorce and lives with her dogsin a lovely rural setting. Her dream come true at last.
I couldn't help in a practical sense because she lives in the USA.
I got a clear picture of what it was like for her, and for her dogs. It was very worrying.

But that is good advice Catherine, to offer to help and foster the animals for someone who is being abused. If they know their animals are safe that can often give them the courage to leave.

Messages In This Thread
Airport Puppy! - by Catherine - 07-07-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: Airport Puppy! - by Tobi - 07-09-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Airport Puppy! - by Catherine - 07-09-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: Airport Puppy! - by Tobi - 07-10-2017, 12:20 AM
RE: Airport Puppy! - by Catherine - 07-10-2017, 06:53 AM