Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owner contests "dog in hot car" cruelty conviction
I really didn't know how to label this. A woman left her dog in a car and was gone longer than she expected(they always are) on a hot July day.  When she got back to the car the police had smashed a window and were trying to save the dog. Sadly it died at the vets hours later. We have heard this story before too many times.

She was charged with animal cruelty and has been convicted. This doesn't happen often enough in these cases.

Where the story gets strange is when the owner denies that the hot car killed the dog. She still defends leaving him in the car. She offers no other credible explanation for the dogs death.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/woman-convi...-1.3495869

It is bad that she left her dog in a hot car. Everyone knows now that hot cars kill dogs. There is no doubt about this.
Yet she still denies the possibility. If she gets another dog she will do the same thing. She accepts no responsibility for her actions. I don't even hear any sense of regret that the dog is dead. She is just not happy that she has been charged with cruelty.

Maybe she does need some jail time to wake her up. Or maybe she needs to sit in a hot car for a while.
It is bad that she defends her actions. It will encourage others to leave their dogs, because she claims it is safe. I wonder how many other dogs will die because of her actions.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(07-11-2017, 02:33 PM)Catherine Wrote: She accepts no responsibility for her actions. I don't even hear any sense of regret that the dog is dead. She is just not happy that she has been charged with cruelty.

That is the most disturbing part of this story. Where are the tears, the regret that her beloved dog is dead? I don't hear, see or sense anything like that.
That poor dog. Blessings to that dog in the next world.

It's said "It takes all sorts to make a world"...but I find this woman's response shocking. To be so focused on self, and not to appear to deeply care about what happened to her dog....it makes me wonder why she had a dog companion in the first place.
Dogs and other animals too are full of such love. They are a great gift. I am sorry for this woman to be honest. She has no idea what she is missing.

Humans can sometimes be so very flawed. Yes, probably the only thing which could make her accept her actions caused the dog's passing, would be to spend as much time as she spent shopping, wrapped in a fur coat in a hot car.
I find the woman to be very unfeeling. She thinks the dog's death has some mysterious cause that has nothing to do with her.
She refuses to consider any other possibility.

A hot car in a fur coat might  make her think a little. I doubt it would reach her completely.

I wonder how safe her children are with her.
Catherine

Ugh makes me sick. She's trying to find anyone else to blame other than accept what she's done.
Can you believe the woman. I was stunned when I listened to her speak.  She denies everything we know about dogs in hot cars 
and looks for some other cause. I don't think someone like that will ever face the truth about anything.
Catherine