Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puppy tossed in a garbage can
A young man tossed  a bag in a garbage can. When a passerby heard noises and checked, he found a three month old Yorkie puppy.

http://www.cp24.com/news/man-who-alleged...-1.3511524

The good news is that the puppy is fine and the man has been caught. They haven't released his name, but they have posted his picture. The have seized other animals from the man's home and they are being held by Animal Services.

It is unbelievable that someone would do such a thing to a puppy. There are lots of shelters and possible places where the dog could have been left safely.

It is a happy thing that the puppy already has a home and the man will be charged for what he did.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a horrible and cruel thing to do to a little pup. I can't load the video, so am not sure of the full story. It appears he handed himself in and confessed to police, but I don't know why. Is that because he felt bad about it, or because it helped his case?

I am so glad that little dog is safe. Thanks to the person who was observant enough to hear its cries. Happily it didn't stay there very long and was rescued quickly, so it didn't have to suffer much. But goodness knows what it did suffer living with that man....even for one day.
From the article cited by Catherine:
"He was identified as 35-year-old Quang (Andrew) Tieu of Toronto."

So his identity is known now. He was caught on surveillance video, so he would have been identified by someone sooner or later. So no doubt he decided it would better to surrender himself, with the hope of getting a lighter sentence than if the police had sought him out.
Right, I see. Thank you LPC. I might have guessed selfishness would be his reason!

Dear little dog. Blessings to the little thing.
They knew who he was so he couldn't get away with it. They have taken all his other animals away as well. I hope they can make some serious charges stick. This is not the first time someone has done this in Toronto. They need to send a strong message that this kind of action will not be tolerated.

The image in the surveillance video was quite good. There are surveillance cameras in many places so any action like this is going to be caught on some camera. I just don't understand why he would do this. Lots of people want puppies. He could have found a home very quickly and he could have been paid for the puppy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine